WHERE THE %@$& is the stock androids on verizon??

shamefulzero

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I was REALLY excited about the Droid 3! Because of the keyboard finally having a dedicated number row, the 4" screen, 8mp cam in back and the front face! BUT I was REALLY EXCITED about it being stock more than anything! And now it has blur?.WTF!

AND Verizon releases a stock phone with a game pad? Verizon, don't tell me thats my option! GIVE US A NEW STOCK ANDROID! ENOUGH WITH THIS SKINED BS! GIVE US A LEGITIMATE OPTION WITHOUT PORTING TO SPRINT FOR THE NS4G!

THE fact that the D3 is blured, brke my heart enough to leave! If u don't give us a stock phone within the year, that DOESN'T have a game controller on it I'm leaving!

Who's with me?

ibejack96

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I was REALLY excited about the Droid 3! Because of the keyboard finally having a dedicated number row, the 4" screen, 8mp cam in back and the front face! BUT I was REALLY EXCITED about it being stock more than anything! And now it has blur?.WTF!

AND Verizon releases a stock phone with a game pad? Verizon, don't tell me thats my option! GIVE US A NEW STOCK ANDROID! ENOUGH WITH THIS SKINED BS! GIVE US A LEGITIMATE OPTION WITHOUT PORTING TO SPRINT FOR THE NS4G!

THE fact that the D3 is blured, brke my heart enough to leave! If u don't give us a stock phone within the year, that DOESN'T have a game controller on it I'm leaving!

Who's with me?

If I was on Verizon, I'd be right there with you, buddy. Verizon doesn't like having stock phones because then they can't put loads of crappware on it, although the G2X is a stock phone with T-Mobile apps, so I don't know why they can't do that, but that's why the Nexus 3 probably won't be on Verizon. I know right now that AT&T's network is pretty much the worst right now, but they're coming out with LTE and will have some good phones coming out (along with [hopefully] the Nexus 3).

Reactions: shipwrestler125

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
You need to remember what the general public, who also happens to be the majority, wants in a cell phone. Many might not know that a plain vanilla OS is better than the eye candy manufacturers give them. I'm right there with you on the need to have more stock OS' on the market. But company's are out to make money and they will make it with something thats different than the competition and offers more
"wow-factor" to the consumer.

Hopefully more manufacturers start to embrace the open development community and keep phones unlocked so that we can have access to AOSP choices.

Jalarm

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
If I was on Verizon, I'd be right there with you, buddy. Verizon doesn't like having stock phones because then they can't put loads of crappware on it, although the G2X is a stock phone with T-Mobile apps, so I don't know why they can't do that, but that's why the Nexus 3 probably won't be on Verizon. I know right now that AT&T's network is pretty much the worst right now, but they're coming out with LTE and will have some good phones coming out (along with [hopefully] the Nexus 3).

It's not really verizon but the manufactures. They put there colorful crappy UI's on them and Verizon just takes them, for the sales, they don't ask for a Stock phone, but they would make more money if they had at least one.

experiment 626

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
The SonyEricsson Xperia Play is vanilla Gingerbread.Very little bloatware compared to Verizon's other Android devices.

Last edited:

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I would ump all over a Nexus device on Verizon. I have been patiently waiting for the Droid Bionic to drop for Verizon, but if the Nexus S or next Nexus dropped at the same time I would probably go Nexus before going Droid.

shamefulzero

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
The SonyEricsson Xperia Play is vanilla Gingerbread.Very little bloatware compared to Verizon's other Android devices.

Yeah but like I said in my op I don't want a game pad! Is love a stock phone with just a touchscreen or even a kb. But it sucks that the only option we have for stock is with a game pad.

If they made a case for it that was to prevent it from opening maybe I'd get it!.but I'm sure they won't.

El Jefe

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Personally, I only consider devices that get firmware updates right away (like the Nexus One & Nexus S) "stock Android". The G2X & Xperia Play might not have *much* bloatware on them, but they do have some & are blocked by the carriers from getting immediate OTA updates when they are released.

That, in my opinion, puts them right in with all the others.

shamefulzero

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm actually not very concerned with how quickly my phone gets the next OS ota update!. I really like froyo. I just want a stock device. I got the Droid x cuz it looked the most like stock with extra bonuses! Sprint has a huge selection. Why can't Verizon?

El Jefe

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Do you not like to root & flash ROMs? It sounds to me like your problem could best be solved by installing an AOSP ROM.

I understand the desire for a stock Android phone, but I couldn't imagine switching to any other carrier to get one because coverage with T-Mobile, AT&T, & Sprint are an absolute joke where I live & travel most.

shamefulzero

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Do you not like to root & flash ROMs? It sounds to me like your problem could best be solved by installing an AOSP ROM.

I understand the desire for a stock Android phone, but I couldn't imagine switching to any other carrier to get one because coverage with T-Mobile, AT&T, & Sprint are an absolute joke where I live & travel most.

It's quite the opposite! All I want is a stock phone, all id do is put a stock Rom on them and nothing else! I can't figure out for the life of me how to root and Rom!

So why do I have to when all I want is stock! I wouldn't have to if I had stock on my phone.

MegaSoundwave76

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Can't have your cake and eat it too. Remember, when a company puts out consumer products, it looks at who's the majority type of buyer for that product. Sorry, we are the minority when it comes to having "Stock" phones. Instead of posting on this forum, you should hit up HTC, Moto, and Samsung and give them some feedback.

El Jefe

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Last edited:

maa4208

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
The OG Droid was a stock Android experience on Verizon, and the XOOM is completely vanilla android. :)

You're right because I have the OG Droid and I got it a month after it came out. Everything else has something on it. Its sad that the last stock phone was the Droid and that came out almost 2 years ago.

shamefulzero

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
The OG Droid was a stock Android experience on Verizon, and the XOOM is completely vanilla android. :)

The og Droid is eol, besides there are better stock phones with killer specs now! The xoom is a tablet! It's great that Verizon has it but I want a stock phone. Any r they not competing with the G2x? Do they not care if I leave for t-mobile?

darrylmendo

May 4, 2010
Visit site

Who's with me?

Yooo!!!! I'd down to leave VZdubb too! I left sprint when all they had was the evo and the epic was just about to come out. I didn't want those big ass phones. (Just my personal pref.) So I bounced and went to verizon for the droid 2. At first I thought I was so cool cause I was the only one with froyo but man does blur suck! I did rom it and it looked like vanilla for awhile then the gingerbread leak came out and switched to that. I love gingerbread so I won't go back to a rommed froyo but i still can't stand blur. Thank god for launcher pro plus but man do I wish I was still on sprint cause I would've hopped on the Nexus S 4G super quick! I soooo wish I signed a 1 year contract with vzw. (Now they no longer offer one year contracts but at the time that I signed back in august they still did.) If I did sign a one year I would cancel it on August 12th (which would be my one year mark) and go back to sprint and get the Nexus S 4G even though it will be considered an old phone and there will be "better" phones out by then such as the Evo 3D. Sadly, I'm on a two year contract so I'm stuck with blur for a long time =(

I'm with you dude! VZdubbs, we need a stock android or we're out!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital