01-18-2019 11:06 AM
    I'm glad you did too. A decision you may have never been able to live with.. Nice work
    mellonxcollie likes this.
    01-18-2019 11:26 AM
    Yup. That notch was hideous. Stayed with my Pixel 2 XL. I'm not keeping my hopes up but if the Pixel 4 XL will be truly bezeless or close to it without the hideous notch..then sign me up.
    01-25-2019 04:06 PM
    Technology evolves - so I wouldn’t be surprised if folks say glad they skipped Pixel 4 when they start to see Pixel 5
    01-25-2019 06:30 PM
    Just the regular, smaller pixel?
    02-06-2019 06:24 AM
    Having moved to the 3 XL from the 2 XL, I have only one gripe.

It's not the notch (simple enough to 'turn it off' in developer settings if you want, leaving the same size display as from the 2 XL but able to enjoy all of the other 3rd generation improvements).

My gripe is with the issues that arise when the display runs to the edge at the top - and something that I only see getting worse should it go to a no-bezel display: accidental touches. Never once had the issue with the 2 XL, but with the 3 XL you now have 3 edges, therefore 3 orientations, whereon virtually any contact to the top brings down the notifications/quick settings menu. As we lose chins and bezels, we lose ways to practically hold the phone comfortably while intuitively and comfortably maintaining exact control over what input it senses.
    speedtrap63 likes this.
    02-12-2019 11:06 AM

It's not the notch (simple enough to 'turn it off' in developer settings if you want, leaving the same size display as from the 2 XL but able to enjoy all of the other 3rd generation improvements).

My gripe is with the issues that arise when the display runs to the edge at the top - and something that I only see getting worse should it go to a no-bezel display: accidental touches. Never once had the issue with the 2 XL, but with the 3 XL you now have 3 edges, therefore 3 orientations, whereon virtually any contact to the top brings down the notifications/quick settings menu. As we lose chins and bezels, we lose ways to practically hold the phone comfortably while intuitively and comfortably maintaining exact control over what input it senses.
    I tried what you're saying but can't see what the issue is. I don't have the 2XL anymore so I can't compare
    02-16-2019 07:48 AM

The only phones I have are the ones that run almost screen with a notch and never once had accidental touches.

One phone that always gets accidental touches though is Samsung phones with their curved screen.
    02-18-2019 03:01 PM
    The only phones I have are the ones that run almost screen with a notch and never once had accidental touches.

One phone that always gets accidental touches though is Samsung phones with their curved screen.
    Interesting thing with the 3 XL. If I hide the notch in developer settings, it's a non-issue - touching the now-black top of the display does nothing, evidently disabling that portion of the display from registering touches. But if I leave it in its default setting, touching the very top edge of the screen consistently at a minimum brings down a short white bar, and often the quick toggle menu.
    JHStewart1023 likes this.
    02-19-2019 01:59 PM
    I love the 2xl. really attractive looking phone. the 3xl was hideous. am glad I am waiting for the 4xl. but it better have improvements otherwise i may have to move to samsung. or just keep my 2xl for another year
    04-04-2019 07:18 AM
    I love the 2xl. really attractive looking phone. the 3xl was hideous. am glad I am waiting for the 4xl. but it better have improvements otherwise i may have to move to samsung. or just keep my 2xl for another year
    Same here.
    04-08-2019 05:13 AM