HTC Kingdom for sprint at the FCC!!!

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I really hope this comes to sprint soon. I would love a true successor to my evo. Not that 3D gimmick.

Aside from the 3d aspect of the phone. The EVO 3D is a really good sequel to our OG EVO. Updated specs, screen, battery, processor, memory. New Sense version. Other then the 3D gimmick, how is it not a sucessor?

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
This is a true example of a sequel. The EVO3D is also but with the added feature of 3D screen and tech it also stands on its own. This looks like it alot and seems that they used the same hardware in look and finish. Putting a separate toggle switch for cam/vid is cool but it also is obvious that its the same as the 3D. Will it be the EVO4G+ on Sprint or the Kingdom ? We will soon see but I'm sure it will be on Sprint 99% The Inspire and Tbolt are similar to the Evo but you can tell the difference. This is an exact copy of the 3D, so that's why i believe Sprint will release it.

garrettfarnum

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Sprint and HTC have an agreement for the EVO line but this is a CDMA/WiMax phone so it'll be on sprint whereas the EVO 4G+ will be in Korea only.

djw39

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Engadget fail!

So we have another bit of mass confusion generated by a sloppy Engadget post. The "Evo 4G+" they are talking about is the HTC Rider. Of course it will be released on Sprint, with slightly different radios for the US; also, since Sprint usually asks manufacturers to "customize" their phones a bit in addition to merely putting in the CDMA/Wimax radios, they'll probably do that with this one...maybe e.g. they'll give it red accents and a 3d display/camera. OH WAIT THEY ALREADY DID THAT!

The real HTC Kingdom has specs somewhere between the original Evo 4G and the Evo 3d... but is not part of the Evo line. This is substantiated by the leaked ROM in which it is called the Hero 4G.

djw39

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site

bound4wb

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Almost all the tech blogs are saying that the FCC filings reveal nothing new, only what is already known, which includes a 4.3" display...I've clicked on every link in the fcc filing and see nothing that says a 4.3" display. Earlier rumors suggest a 4" screen, since this was expected to be sprints version of the incredible.

Any clarifications??? can anyone point to where it gives display size in the FCC filing???
Any idea how about how long it takes for a phone to get from FCC listings to something tangible that we can see?

kuoirad

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm keeping my ears open for this too - thinking it'll be my next phone. Not quite the perfect changeover from my Pre, but it'll do...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca