[Unofficial] Verizon roadmap

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
From ... A source. All time frames are subject to change.

LG Revere ? Aug.
LG Cosmos 2 ? Aug.
Motorola Droid 3- Mid July
Motorola Droid Bionic- Late July
Blackberry 9930 Bold- Late July
Blackberry Sedona- Aug.
Samsung Plato- Aug.
LG Gelato- Aug.
Samsung Convoy 2- Late July
Pantech Breakout- Late Aug.
Samsung Aegis- Sept.
Samsung Galaxy 10? 16GB and 32 GB ? Late July

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Here's what I've found so far:
LG Cosmos 2 = feature phone
Samsung Plato is the name Samsung uses for a connected TV. Very interesting. Google TV with Verizon LTE anyone?
LG Gelato -- http://www.androidcentral.com/tags/gelato
Samsung Convoy is a feature phone. Safe to say Convoy 2 will be as well
Samsung Aegis is a netbook
Can't find any info on LG Revere or Pantech Breakout

Reactions: rarchbold

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Where's the Galaxy S2 (Function)? How come the Droid3 has disappeared from the Devices page here on Android Central?

STC09

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
July is the beginning of the upgrade window for OG Droid owners on two-year contracts and the best VZW has is a badly delayed offering announced way back in January?

Pathetic.

Who wants to sign a two-year contact for such stale tech?

Nexus Prime or I'm jumping ship when the contract expires in November and taking the corporate accounts with me.

allan1313

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
July is the beginning of the upgrade window for OG Droid owners on two-year contracts and the best VZW has is a badly delayed offering announced way back in January?

Pathetic.

Who wants to sign a two-year contact for such stale tech?

Nexus Prime or I'm jumping ship when the contract expires in November and taking the corporate accounts with me.

Please explain how the Bionic is stale. Dual core 4g. Only dual core 4g on VZW. Doesn't seem stale to me.

STC09

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
If it finally releases on 7/28 as rumored, that will be over six months after it was introduced back in January. The Atrix and Thunderbolt were announced at the same event and have been available for some time now.

It's stale AFAIC. It may be the best
VZW offers just now, but that's a little like saying a certain phone is the best Blackberry available. Meh.

If a Nexus or similar flagship appears likely in Q4, there is absolutely no incentive to choose a Bionic before then.

Last edited:

allan1313

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
If it finally releases on 7/28 as rumored, that will be over six months after it was introduced back in January. The Atrix and Thunderbolt were announced at the same event and have been available for some time now.

It's stale AFAIC.

True it will come out later than expected, but it will still be the best phone spec wise VZW has to offer. It "should" be much better than both those phones.

Reactions: csschrot

wingzero_0

May 26, 2011
Visit site
True it will come out later than expected, but it will still be the best phone spec wise VZW has to offer. It "should" be much better than both those phones.

A little too late. All our minds have moved on to other things such as the SGS II or the rumored Nexus Prime. The bionic has the specs but no longer the hype.just the possibility of a pure google experience device is enough to make even the most diehard bionic lover think twice.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781