Pixel 5 leak photo

tuscanybay

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Each year, they seem to be coming up with bigger and uglier camera bumps.

pixel-5-xl-prototype-render-full-res-1280x720.jpg

https://www.slashgear.com/pixel-5-p...ng-shivers-down-the-internets-spine-16609962/

When the pixel 4 photos were first leaked, I was convinced that it was too ugly for me to buy one. I ended up tolerating it and got one.

But the new camera bump on Pixel 5 is quite a bit more, too much in my opinion.

What do you think?

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
As of right now looking at that pic being a possible design . Im not wild over it.

I would like to see the other 2 possible designs to compare. Too early to say which they will actually go with yet.

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I dislike that p5 camera bump as well, but I love the way the p4 looks small square and looks clean. However the more cameras manufactures add to s phone the uglier the rear gets and nothing we can do about it unless they made the phone as thick as the bump which I probably wouldn't mind "I think" as long as the battery would be super large. But that p5 render camera bump I'd terrible. They should keep it round, square or kind of like some older Samsung/huwaei phones.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Each year, they seem to be coming up with bigger and uglier camera bumps.

https://scdn.slashgear.com/wp-cont...l-5-xl-prototype-render-full-res-1280x720.jpg

https://www.slashgear.com/pixel-5-p...ng-shivers-down-the-internets-spine-16609962/

When the pixel 4 photos were first leaked, I was convinced that it was too ugly for me to buy one. I ended up tolerating it and got one.

But the new camera bump on Pixel 5 is quite a bit more, too much in my opinion.

What do you think?
Bit like their bathtub notch. Awful. Don't mind the camera on the 4. Better than that fugly thing on the iPhone 11 pro/max

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If this is the real thing, I honestly don't see what the big deal is. "Ugly" is such a subjective term, and I don't get how one way of grouping multiple lenses and sensors together is any better or worse than another.

Lambertoid

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I don't like it but I do like it better than the s20. I have a feeling the next pixel will get me to leave my pixel 3xl. But if not I'll be praying that the next note doesn't look like the s20 lol.

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
If this is the real thing, I honestly don't see what the big deal is. "Ugly" is such a subjective term, and I don't get how one way of grouping multiple lenses and sensors together is any better or worse than another.

Also....gotta distinguish somehow from all the long rectangles with small rectangles on the back.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Google tends to follow the competing iPhone looks wise..... they have since the beginning. I guess they figure it somehow helps sales being the "iPhone" of the Android world. So the 5 will probably once again resemble an iPhone. Which means hopefully it won't be too ugly lol.

Golurk

Apr 12, 2019
Visit site
I really hope this isn’t true.

What’s wrong with the Google Pixel team? First they refuse to join the multi-camera trend with the Pixel 3, use a tiny battery and a 90hz display that doesn’t always work on the Pixel 4, and now this?

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Meh I'm never one to overreact and every phone I have had till now, Pixel or other I have no issues with how it looks. It'll be same with this if it turns out to look like this.

Last edited:

onthecouchagain

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
The ugly continues...

https://www.phonearena.com/news/google-pixel-5-design-renders-leak_id122270

Heres-what-the-Google-Pixel-5-XL-could-look-like.jpg

I personally like the front of the Pixel 4 XL, so if they can get the Soli top bezel to be a bit smaller, great.

But the back... oh dear. I sure hope the other competing designs are better than this...

I also read this morning that Verizon may drop Pixel devices due to poor sales. To be honest, I hope there's some truth to that. Google needs to really wake up and stop pretending that hardware doesn't matter. They can champion software while still putting in good specs and an attractive design. They don't have to go all "Ultra" on us, but at least keep up with the competition
UPDATE: Verizon debunked this.

Last edited: