Pixel 5 leak photo

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
The ugly continues...

https://www.phonearena.com/news/google-pixel-5-design-renders-leak_id122270

View attachment 316760

I personally like the front of the Pixel 4 XL, so if they can get the Soli top bezel to be a bit smaller, great.

But the back... oh dear. I sure hope the other competing designs are better than this...

I also read this morning that Verizon may drop Pixel devices due to poor sales. To be honest, I hope there's some truth to that. Google needs to really wake up and stop pretending that hardware doesn't matter. They can champion software while still putting in good specs and an attractive design. They don't have to go all "Ultra" on us, but at least keep up with the competition
UPDATE: Verizon debunked this.
They just put the notch on the wrong side of the device.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Everyone wants better cameras on these phones every year. If so, you have to deal with ugly. More sensors, more space needed. I’m not sure what you want them to do.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Everyone wants better cameras on these phones every year. If so, you have to deal with ugly. More sensors, more space needed. I’m not sure what you want them to do.

You bring up a valid point. Manufacturers are working hard to meet our needs - sometimes that may mean a bigger camera bump! I guess we'll see what happens with the Pixel 5.

elvee68

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Personally I don't care about the back and camera hump as I will have a black case on it anyway.
The front does have my attention as the render shows the forehead to be much slimmer. I have the 3XL and I am used to the notch but the pixel 4XL looked like a UniBrow to which in my opinion is uglier than a notch.

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
All of these big *** camera bumps look stupid. The iPhone 11 triple looks stupid. The S20 looks stupid. The circle on the moto's look stupid. This is what we get when we want 20 cameras on the back of a phone.

You know what camera bumps look great? The Pixel 2, Pixel and IPhones from the 8 and before. Simple, round lens, flash under it. Easy to put a case over.

Android haters (that act like they like Android) want 3 cameras on phones are getting the ugly phones you deserve. These ugly camera bumps are as ugly as the ugly notches and ugly key holes in the screens. Congratulations, Apple and Samsung's marketing hype just forced you to buy a butt ugly phone,

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
All of these big *** camera bumps look stupid. The iPhone 11 triple looks stupid. The S20 looks stupid. The circle on the moto's look stupid. This is what we get when we want 20 cameras on the back of a phone.

You know what camera bumps look great? The Pixel 2, Pixel and IPhones from the 8 and before. Simple, round lens, flash under it. Easy to put a case over.

Android haters (that act like they like Android) want 3 cameras on phones are getting the ugly phones you deserve. These ugly camera bumps are as ugly as the ugly notches and ugly key holes in the screens. Congratulations, Apple and Samsung's marketing hype just forced you to buy a butt ugly phone,
I don't think the cameras on the back look ugly though. I like the way the iPhone 11 Pro Max looks on the back. And I like how the Pixel 4 XL looks from the back too. None of it bothers me. Especially as long as I'm getting a really great camera.

Golurk

Apr 12, 2019
Visit site

To be honest, while the 11 Pro still looks kinda ugly (but is a great phone), the camera modules of the S20 (Ultra), OnePlus 7T, Mi 9 etc look pretty cool. Beauty is nearly always in the eye of the beholder. What you think is ugly, looks cool to others.

Consumers want multiple cameras on phones because they’re useful. Main, ultra-wide and telephoto is a good setup to have. You’re acting like phones with multiple-camera setups are hard to put cases over...it’s hilarious and untrue.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I don't think the cameras on the back look ugly though. I like the way the iPhone 11 Pro Max looks on the back. And I like how the Pixel 4 XL looks from the back too. None of it bothers me. Especially as long as I'm getting a really great camera.

I too like the Pixel 4 camera look - it's very symmetrical to me.

onthecouchagain

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
A question while we're waiting for more Pixel 5 news to drop:

If there was more RAM, would it help prevent the occasional lag on that 4 XL that happens when taking photos and when using Photos? Sometimes when I'm snapping really fast, especially Portraits, it hangs up. Likewise, in Photos, sometimes when I'm going through and deleting stuff quickly, it lags a bit.

I can't be the only one that experiences this.

onthecouchagain

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I like it! I'd rather have the camera grouping centered on the back of the phone than off to one side. Off to the side looks awkward to me, even if it is small like on my P2. Now I'm hoping that they come up with another great color for the P5!!

I would prefer it centered, too, but I think the S10 has the best design and layout for a 3-cam system. The "visor" style, if you will.