[Sprint][Motorola]New ICS Buttonless Slider Coming (With Picture)

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Well, I headed on over to my relative's house, because he works as a beta tester for sprint and he had my shiny new evo 4g lte waiting for me. When I got there, I noticed this thing. I used the excuse of "Wanting to test the camera"to get a picture". I don't know anything more than what is in the picture, I didn't quiz him, I wanted to get home and play with the evo. So, here the picture is, in all it's glory. Yes, it looks like mr blurrycam. Yes, it may look fake. No, it isn't fake. How do I know? He was texting me with it. Yes, it works. This may not be the exact final design (his test evo did not have a spring loaded kickstand), but it's definitly close. Enjoy the pic, and keep your fingers crossed! :pHere it is!!

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Re: [Sprint][Motorola]New ICS Buttonless Slider Coming (With Pict

Interesting ... No name for the device? Inquiring minds want to know! :)

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
It looks like they reworked Motoblur as well. Hopefully it won't be such a resource hog now. :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

SROJR

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site

Could this be the rumored Photon Q? I'm holding out my Sprint upgrage for a high-end ICS number that's a bit smaller than the EVO LTE or S3. I have a Evo Shift now and love the keyboard so this looks like it could be my next phone (it's hard waiting, though)

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I'll be interested to see how the keyboard feels and everything. I can't stand a terrible feeling keyboard if I have to use it everyday.

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site

Sorry Guys, I was a little excited about the new evo. Other stuff I know....Well, it was fat.....REALLY fat.....(another relative of mine has the original samsung transform, another keyboard slider, and this thing was thicker than that). He had some stuff in a little opaque bag taped to the back, I couldn't tell what was in there...the bag was maybe the size of the evo's usb to ac adapter....He admitted that it "Doesn't exist yet"...AND, he mentioned that his daughter said she wanted the WHITE LTEvo. I said, "That exists?" and he said, "That's the point". I didn't ask for a release date on that, but it's in the pipeline as well.

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site

Interesting ... No name for the device? Inquiring minds want to know! :)
Sorry, didn't ask....Had to get home with my new toy
It looks like they reworked Motoblur as well. Hopefully it won't be such a resource hog now. :)

Or is it Philblur now? :p Who knows. That'd be nice if they reworked it, than again, I'd like it not to be so unbearably annoying as well (that's the reason I got the evo over the sgs3, I can't bear touchwiz, or, for that matter, any skin other than sense)
Could this be the rumored Photon Q? I'm holding out my Sprint upgrage for a high-end ICS number that's a bit smaller than the EVO LTE or S3. I have a Evo Shift now and love the keyboard so this looks like it could be my next phone (it's hard waiting, though)
Definitly smaller than the s3, but fat enough that it felt comparable to my optimus in thickness. Screen was bigger than the opti though (yes, I know that doesn't rule out much). If I had to guess at screen size, I'd say 4 in, but I'm not great at visually estimating, so if any of you guys are, take a guess.

Uh-oh guys, I'm heading back to look at my pic again, I'm forgetting stuff fast!:eek:

Edit: After looking at the bottom of the picture, the words seem to say: "Motorola Confidential Restricted Not for sale".

Edit 2: Wooo! Got myself featured on Endgaget!
Yeah!

Last edited:

ajonesma

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site

I hope this is coming to Sprint, but if it as fat as you say it is, I'll have to pass it up! It look a lot like the OG Moto Droid, which I loved so much!

jonathanlc2005

May 4, 2010
Visit site

can you ask him a few questions because this will be the determining factors:

1) removeable battery?
2)pentile display?
3)world capabilities
4)ask him to run a benchmark

if this thing has no world band or removable battery greater than 3000mah, im going LTEvo

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

Well, it was fat.....REALLY fat.....

Hmmm...well, the mysterious Motorola has an interesting design, particularly the curved edges. I don't think I'd want a(nother) thick phone. I thought my EVO was doing good until I noodled around with a faux plastic EVO LTE the other day (smh @ Best Buy...) -- that thing is thin. I had a slider before my EVO but I think I prefer an all-touchscreen device.

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site

can you ask him a few questions because this will be the determining factors:

1) removeable battery?
2)pentile display?
3)world capabilities
4)ask him to run a benchmark

if this thing has no world band or removable battery greater than 3000mah, im going LTEvo
I can't. This phone doesn't exist, remember? (and neither does this picture). We're talking about something that doesn't actually exist;). Plus, the people who know the phone does actually exist don't know this picture exists. Having just gotten my evo from said source (that's why I was there in the first place) I can say it's ridiculously awesome.
I hope this is coming to Sprint, but if it as fat as you say it is, I'll have to pass it up! It look a lot like the OG Moto Droid, which I loved so much!

Hmmm...well, the mysterious Motorola has an interesting design, particularly the curved edges. I don't think I'd want a(nother) thick phone. I thought my EVO was doing good until I noodled around with a faux plastic EVO LTE the other day (smh @ Best Buy...) -- that thing is thin. I had a slider before my EVO but I think I prefer an all-touchscreen device.
Yeah, even if you like qwertys, I compared the two side by side, the evo is insanely awesome.

As to thickness, yes, it's fat, but remember, this may not be (and in fact, probably isn't) the final design. Remember the blurb at the bottom of the phone, saying that this is not for sale? It's a prototype. My relative's testing evo wasn't completed, and he got it maybe three weeks before release. This is subject to some major change.

jonathanlc2005

May 4, 2010
Visit site

im not trying to risk you "source"

its just that, im hoping this doesnt turn from an evo to evo shift flop.

like, it would just suck balls that they come out with the photon name, nix the world band nix 4.3 screen, and add a keyboard, then for the heck of it, add lightly better battery.

i also feel, that your right, this is not final, but in my mind, i was just hoping for something similar to razr maxx which was released in january, so they had 6 months after the photon, to make up thier minds instead of opting for a year old model.

if anything, this is a samsung epic successor

Reactions: Va1ha11a

roflwaffleton

May 19, 2012
Visit site

ive heard motorolla photon Q on some sites, and the q is for qwerty

i doubt they stick with the q, it may be motorolla photon 2 or something, but they probably keep the photon name

Photon Q would make sense as they had a portrait qwerty WinMo phone years ago called the Motorola Q.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Eww I hope their not putting a slide out keyboard on the new photon. I hate those, had to have it replaced three times on my Samsung intercept.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums

Rtbar1

May 17, 2010
Visit site

Hey OP any more news on this phone? I just got an S3, but I would trade it in for a high end slider in a heart beat

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa