Before I buy a Samsung Galaxy Tab S I'm wondering if it is possible to download my DVD collection onto an SD card.

I'm tired of my kids downloading so many games that my tablets wont fit any movies for long car rides. I'm tired of another popular brand that makes tablets without the ability to add memory who will then fill up my memory with their updates until it chokes a 1 one year old machine down to an expensive paperweight.

I have movies on iTunes, how do I get them on an SD card? Or movies from my DVD collection (even better)? I know there's software that allows you to rip them from the DVD to your computer but many wont do copy protected movies which is what I assume all my purchased DVDs are. (If I purchase the movie, I feel like I have the right to watch it on any device)

Has anyone done this? It sounds so awesome to have movies saved on SD cards. So portable and small. 1 card for PG13 and one for PG/G for the littles. My olders could even move the SD cards into their phones on long car rides.

Can this be done?
    03-20-2015 02:36 PM
    1) Purchased movies usually can't be moved to other devices (DRM protection). It doesn't matter what tablet you buy, if th movie is copy protected it can't be copied.

2) Ripping a purchased DVD (as opposed to a DVD with video you took yourself) is theft of intellectual property, a crime, and we don't discuss that here.
    03-20-2015 05:32 PM
    Thread closed

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    Rukbat likes this.
    03-20-2015 05:34 PM