Ativ Q : Dead or Alive?

Silverginger

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone any further information on this product?
The last I heard a patent problem had scuppered the release, possibly terminally.

A great product for my needs so any news would be welcome.
Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I haven't heard anything at all since the announcement. I haven't been looking, either, as it has no place in my life. I'd keep my eyes on the blogs for sure, though.

twospirits

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
According to the German online magazine ct, Samsung is going to show a non-production ready version at IFA. That could mean either
A: The device is still planned to be marketed since they wouldn't show it again at IFA if it were cancelled.
B: The device is ready (fully functional) but not mass produced for shipment.
C: Device is upgraded either software wise (taken care of the patent issue) or hardware wise (more ram) thus explaining the non-production statement.
or
D: All above.

Either way, if the statement by ct is true then to me it indicates that Samsung is still planning on deploying the device, whether that means finding a fix for the patent related issue, bypassing it or something else is something only time will tell.
Also note that they did state at IFA, that does not mean the Samsung unpacking event today which is only for the Note 3 and Gear.
Source: post, CT.Mag

TS

wittzy

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I believe the IFA Samsung "unboxing event" is to be streamed on 4-Sept-2013
It would be encouraging if the Samsung ATIV Q (in some form) was indeed revealed?
If not, then it may be dire?

See here in just over 1 hours time ...
Samsung Mobile - YouTube

BruhMan

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
E. Samsung paid a healthy check to whatever corrupt judge and/or corporate, Legal entity so that they can continue as planned.

Silverginger

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Yes, just saw that this morning. Looks like I'll be going back for the Transformer Book Trio instead.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
If I were a betting man, I'd bet it will hit next spring. They're not going to give up on it, that's for sure.

conanheath

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Anybody else wondering/hoping some of these cross patent deals will resolve the patent issues and get this thing in the stores?

ATT N3