Sasmung Captivate Glide - No MMS

kdimperio

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
I switched to Straight Talk and brought my own AT&T phone, using an ST SIM card. I have a Samsung Captivate Glide, Android version 2.3.6, Build number Gingerbread.UCKL1. The issue is I cannot receive MMS messages. When I go into Settings/Wireless and network/Mobile networks/Access Point Names, I have two APN's - ATT PHONE and ATT WAP. I cannot change either of these settings but ATT PHONE seems to be for internet and ATT WAP is set for mms. While I have never had to change the APN settings previously, I can only assume these were the settings used when I was with AT&T. I cannot delete either of these.

Per the instructions via Straight Talk, I created a new APN with the following settings:
Name: STRAIGHT_TALK
APN: tfdata
Proxy: <Not set>
Username: <Not set>
Password: <Not set>
Server: <Not set>
MMSC: http://mms-tf.net
MMS proxy: mms3.tracfone.com
MMS port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 410
Authentication type: None
APN type' Internet+MMS+SUPL

I have searched high and low and have changed these settings repeatedly (per other suggestions) and whenever I change them, I cannot do anything - no internet, messaging, or calls. Also, It does not matter if I am on wifi or the network - I cannot receive MMS messages with the above settings, even though I can access the internet, text, make calls, etc. I was able to send a picture to a friend but I cannot receive any MMS messages. I texted a picture to myself and while that picture was "sent" (which took forever), I could not download it. I am at a loss as to what to do, short of bucking up and spending money on a different phone - but I am afraid I'll run into the same issue. I cannot create two separate APN's because I can only "select" one profile. At least, that seems to be the way that it works...

kdimperio

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
After scouring numerous sites with the same complaints from people, I downloaded Go SMS Pro from the Google Play store. The app loads all of your messages and lets you receive MMS messages.

And then a miracle happened... Low and behold, all of my MMS (pictures, group texts, etc) are coming through on my regular messaging app that came with my phone. But I don't dare delete Go SMS Pro now....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781