Comparing the new and older Chromebook

DroidDavi

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
There is a part of me that wants one. I need a new laptop and i believe this would be a great machine. I game and edit video but i'm building a desktop for that. I could buy a ultrabook for 900 and not be able to game or edit on it efficiently. but for 250 and then have my desktop for the big stuff its very temping

kinster02

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I've been on the fence for years and decided to get the 5 550 series wifi verison after carefully considering what I use a computer for. I have a high end hp laptop, which I always buy customized online and a Nexus 7, out of those devices the Chromebook is my device of choice. My laptop is a dust collector and my Nexus I use but no where near the Chromebook. This is a great budget device for the price and I wish that I've known about it three months ago. I would have brought two for price of my 550, but you do get what you pay for. For you Netflixers, you can't currently play Netflix on this device and they skimped on things naturally to get to this price.

New Chromebook brings a little fragmentation to Chrome OS — Mobile Technology News

Last edited:

chaz_uk

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I absolutely love using my Chromebook 5 550 and will be getting my daughter one of these ARM based Chromebooks as her first laptop.

No fans or vents for her to block up causing overheating and it'll stop her from using both my Chromebook and my wife's laptop.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phantom3SE