Do Samsung Arm Chromebooks eventually slow down?

Glenn Hubbard

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Recently I'm noticing an alarming slowdown in both the Samsung chromebooks I have, especially and ironically for opening Google sites like Gmail or Drive!

I moved back from Beta to Stable with a Powerwash, but saw little difference.
Also regularly clearing out the cache.
But no real improvement, even with just one tab open.

I installed an app called Boomerang on Gmail recently, but that should only affect Gmail.

Has anyone else been having similar problems?
Situation is not good in terms of the effect on my productivity. :'(

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! How old is your Chromebook? I wonder if could be an issue with the SSD, rather than the processor.

Algus

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I get funny quotes on my battery life and it definitely doesn't last as long anymore but I haven't noticed significant slowdown. I think the speed is more of an issue in that I notice it now after using an HP 14 as well, haha!

Some newer websites are definitely slower though. I've hit up a few places that have upgraded since the Samsung 303 came out and it's definitely slower to load now vs before they upgraded. Google+ is a website that is guilty of this.

It hasn't been so slow as to interfere with my productivity though and I still usually have several tabs or apps open at a time. While it's possible you might have a failing component, it's also a product of the Samsung ARM aging. The hardware wasn't that great to begin with and it's going to to have trouble keeping up as more websites update and upgrade.