I currently have the Samsung GalaxyTab S2.
    I do some gaming but mainly email, web, movie/music streaming, etc.

Could the Samsung Chromebook Plus replace a tablet?
    02-12-2017 07:29 AM
    For what you do sure, but it will be heavier.
    I'd keep my tab S2 and wait to see what else comes out closer to school starting up at the end of summer.
    02-12-2017 08:38 AM
    After having my Samsung Chromebook Plus for a few days, I sold both my Google Pixel C and Nexus 9 Tablets. I also barely turn on my Desktop PC. I enjoy my SCP and have fun playing Android games on it.
    03-23-2017 11:56 PM
    Clash of Clans still not working on Chrome?
    03-27-2017 10:54 AM
    Clash of Clans still not working on Chrome?
    Yes, KODI as well. Works perfectly. I have a multiport usb hub with HDMI I connect my 32" Tv to and play CoC is big screen, lol...
    04-02-2017 01:51 PM
    Agreed. I'm ditching my Surface and 12.2 Note Pro. Only want the SCP and my desktop.
    04-18-2017 09:15 PM
    I'm hoping so. I just ordered one yesterday to replace my Note pro 12.2 and my Lenovo 13. I'm loving the idea of a 2n1 to take the place of both these devices.

My Note is definitely showing its age and the Lenovo was purchased cheap as a learning machine to find out if Chrome OS could be useful for a few specific applications.
    04-29-2017 06:23 AM
    So I've had my Chromebook plus for almost a month now and felt like I should provide a quick update with a few thoughts about it's ability to replace my Note Pro and function in some ways as a laptop.

First off, I'm the IT Director for an auto group with 8 locations in 4 different cities. This requires a good bit of travel each week and having a device that is very mobile is a big plus.

I've had so many different tablets and laptops over the last 15 years I don't think I could go back and name them all. Everything from the original iPad to the Note Pro 12.2" and many Dell and Gateway laptops to a Lenovo mobile workstation. I eventually gave up on using a tablet all together, it was just not very efficient as a production device. It was great for consumption but didn't work very well for work.

This Chromebook is the best all around device I've had. I started a small project this week to replace about 45 printers and MFD's, all of which had to be configured to scan to network shares. I also needed an easy way to take notes of IP addresses, device location, type, and asset numbers. I think this is where the Chromebook out did itself. Being able to use the full chrome browser with keyboard to configure the MFD's and then flip it into tablet mode as I walked around taking notes was perfect for my use. The ability to RDP into my desktop and use the Chromebook as a full windows laptop when needed adds even more usefulness and flexibility.

For me, this device hits the mark perfectly. It easily replace my tablet and also give me a very good laptop experience to be productive while on the go.

One more note, I have an old S Pen I purchased for use with a Note 10 tablet a few years ago. It's the one with the clip and eraser. The pen works perfectly with this device, to include the eraser. It made note taking much better.
    IronHide_NSDQ likes this.
    05-26-2017 06:55 PM
    Thanks so much for the update! I've been trying to decide between the CB+, CBP & the Asus Flip C302.
    I have been using Samsung's Note series phones since the Note 2 and cannot imagine using a phone without​ an S-pen. Similarly, I currently own the Note Pro 12.2" tablet and love the screen size & S-pen functionality, but it is showing its age.
    Now that the CBP has launched, I'm waiting for a few more reviews to come out, but am leaning heavily towards the CB+, due to the lower price.
    I must say that the lack of backlighting and the smaller HD on the Samsungs makes me really want to choose the Asus, but the 3:2 ratio screen and S-pen keep pulling me back to Sammy! Isn't choice great? 😀
    Have you had any problems with the performance of the Arm powered CB+?
    Also, how has your experience been re: Android Apps?
    06-05-2017 04:17 PM