Chromebook Plus SD Card problem

rld082982

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
So I got the chromebook last weekend and popped a micro sd card into it. The only place where the chromebook recognizes the card is in the file explorer. Anywhere else that allows me to save a file only gives me the on-board memory to save to, not the card.
For instance, downloading a show from Netflix doesn't give me the sd card as an option to save to. Saving an image from a website doesn't give me the sd card as an option, etc etc.
Is this just how it is?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I don't have a Samsung Chromebook, but I can see what mine does with a card. i will post back when I find out.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Update: I was able to download a photo and save it directly to the SD card. I think the internal storage is always the default. I had to scroll down on the side where to save it.

rld082982

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I don't think I can even scroll down to see it when I first attempt to download something, I HAVE to go into the file manager and move any file that I saved from internal to SD storage.

edubb256

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
So I got the chromebook last weekend and popped a micro sd card into it. The only place where the chromebook recognizes the card is in the file explorer. Anywhere else that allows me to save a file only gives me the on-board memory to save to, not the card.
For instance, downloading a show from Netflix doesn't give me the sd card as an option to save to. Saving an image from a website doesn't give me the sd card as an option, etc etc.
Is this just how it is?

That is just how it is. At least for now. I read in one of the blogs that that was going to change, but not until after chrome 58.

clockcycle

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
I am able to save files from the browser to my SD card. Every time I save something the File Manager pops up, usually opens to the last place I saved/open a file from. I download images in particular all the time to my SD card.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alastair