most needed improvements

Lancer033

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
Since Chrome OS is brand new what does everyone want to see added

my list

#1 support for more media formats (.wmv files mostly)
#2 a better document manager
#3 netflix

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I would love to be able to use ADB on it.

Netflix will come. By document manager do you mean file explorer? Cause for actual documents I think you're expected to use google docs. That's what I do.

Lancer033

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
my complain on the file manager is not being able to do simple things like move files from 1 place to another. Last night i downloaded a new ROM for my Droid X on it and although it'll read the droid as an external storage device with no problem, i couldn't move the file form 1 folder to another like in windows/linux/any other OS on the planet.

I also got an error trying to upload my .mp3s to my Amazon cloud drive, although i'm not sure that's related, just annoying.

dandombrowski

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Since Chrome OS is brand new what does everyone want to see added

my list

#1 support for more media formats (.wmv files mostly)
#2 a better document manager
#3 netflix
The only issue I have so far is sending to google docs. In the io session they have the option in the file manager to send to docs and box and picasa. This was determined by the web app being downloaded according the io. But I have docs and picasa apps and only picasa seems to work. I can upload from docs using the usual means, but I can't send to docs directly from the file manager. To get around this i've been using an extension called send to cloud or save to cloud or something. Is anyone else having this issue?

Lancer033

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
here's one that i keep running into.....2 windows open on the same screen together. There are some apps, but they're kind of clunky.

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Id like to see

1. Flash and flash plug-ins improved and polished, such as video chat plug-ins like tinychat (or chatroulette if thats what youre into) that dont work unless you turn off pepper flash.

2. ADB for my precious android phone :)

3. Netflix

4. Better file management. Hell i spent 20 mins trying to find a way to paste a downloaded rom from the Cr-48 to my USB mounted Nexus S, couldnt find a way and gave up. :mad:

Other than that, its all love :)

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Id like to see

1. Flash and flash plug-ins improved and polished, such as video chat plug-ins like tinychat (or chatroulette if thats what youre into) that dont work unless you turn off pepper flash.

Agreed...but I could say the same thing on most other OS's, too.

+1,000,000,000

3. Netflix

They said it's coming, but no guarantee that CR-48's will get it.

4. Better file management. Hell i spent 20 mins trying to find a way to paste a downloaded rom from the Cr-48 to my USB mounted Nexus S, couldnt find a way and gave up. :mad:

Yep it's pretty sparse and needs to be improved.

See above.

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I have a feeling google is still testing the waters before diving head first into development for these and investing time/money.

Lancer033

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
Netflix is great but i finally caved and got another laptop.

I'll keep the chromebook for surfing the web and such, but it's just not quite ready to be a primary machine just yet. For now, the chromebook is going to be a coffee table computer for when i just want to check on stuff real quick like what i would use a tablet for. After the quad-core tablets come out, i may sell it and buy a tablet.

My recent glitch with it was applying for jobs. Instead of just uploading my resume, i had to go to google documents, download a copy of it, then upload it to various websites. I would like to see chromeOS treat google docs just like windows treats your my documents folder and picasa just like windows treats your pictures folder. Sure the files are physically somewhere else, but the end user shouldn't feel like he has to go out and get his files from another location. Google's services should just be baked into the OS so they're right at your fingertips.

couldn't upload .mp3s to google music

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
The good thing is that Google is constantly updating ChromeOS on a consistent basis. I've moved over to the developer channel for now. Hopefully in due time we will see some of the gripes taken care of. Even in the past month I've noticed some nice performance improvements. Things are looking up.

Last edited:

dzigner

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Id like to see

Yes, Couldn't play a flash player file either on Chrome or Firefox(updated one)

Yes, yes, yes. Please, without going into Chrome OS developer mode.

3. Netflix

Not too worried, since I don't have netflix.

Again, only if ES File Explorer, or Solid Explorer or Xplorer could access my micro SD card. :-[ The only way to access that is via the Files native app, and that leaves a lot to be desired.

I haven't figured out if I can use 2 apps simultaneously, side by side.
thanks

dzigner

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Hello again
I also want more bluetooth connectivity. With my phone, tablet and windows 10 laptop.
Right now, I have to upload to G drive and download on the chromebook.
thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay