who's getting this phone?

brobin

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I am. I'm returning the Photon 4G I picked up a few weeks ago since the USB port has already failed and the battery can't be charged. I like the smaller size and the Photon is more phone than I need.

GBR_Disco

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I am holding out hope that this phone starts to take off. I like the specs and the screen size is more my style. But would I switch from my optimus s that has had tons of support since day one to the conquer which apparently nobody is talking about? no way. hopefully come November this phones community has grown exponentially and some custom roms have been released.

anon(92556)

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
got one on the way. hopefully it will be here by the end of the week.

why is this phone not catching on? gingerbread, small form factor, fast processor, and cheap. i'd have thought the dev. community would have been all over this!

the_maplebar

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I really like form factor of this phone. 3.5" is a little more comfortable than the massive 4.2" phones. I would really consider it as an upgrade for my Optimus, but I'm finding that I got really lucky on my first Android phone (the Optimus) getting one with awesome community support.

predwing

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Who's planning to buy this phone?
I have it an love it. The specs make it out to be not that great of a phone with its 3.2 camera and 3.5 screen but I have used it for a few weeks now and love it. First of the screen size is nice, I came from a EVO and while I enjoyed the size for websurfing and viewing videos day to day operations I didn't enjoy the large phone in my pocket. The camera while only 3.2 take some amazing pictues far better then any 3.2 I have ever seen. It does have a 1ghz processor and runs any app I ask of it and then begs for more. It supports Netflix so I can view my movies (as long as no one else is watching it thanks netflix for your new policy). All and all this is a great device and I enjoy it. So if you don't want the huge minitablet in your pocket I would deffently pick this phone up

Dhalgren

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm late to the party, but I think I'm getting this to replace my LG Optimus S. The selling prices for the Conquer on eBay have fallen just below $200 for a new, sealed clean ESN model. And while I am eligible for a new phone rebate in 300 days, and I really like the Optimus hardware-wise I am not happy with the way Gingerbread has been deployed on the Optimus. The Conquer is a natural step up. Same display and rear camera. But it adds the faster processor, flash support, double the internal app storage, and has equally solid hardware and finish. I wish the Conquer had become a hit with Optimus users, but most, like me, are still in the middle of our current contracts.

BakonGuy

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm a little late to the party, but I just learned of this phone because my friend bought one. I really love how smooth everything is on it. I'm thinking about buying one off eBay and not activating it until it gets root. Ofc if that doesn't happen I can live without. But switching from my beloved Optimus S running CM7 to a phone with no community just doesn't seem like a logic choice to me. If It comes to that I can still use it for games and videos and the like so I don't kill my optimus's battery.

bafenner

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I bought the LG Optimus M in July, 2011 and really like the phone. The one drawback is I never realized that some of the apps MUST stay in the phone memory and this phone only has 150MB of onboard memory. My 16GB memory card is good, but I have the limitation of the "smallish" built-in memory. To get past this, I will only keep most apps if they can be moved to the memory card. If an app cannot be moved, I had better want it pretty badly or I will delete it and find a similar app that can be moved.

Other than that, I have found this to be an excellent phone. In addition, the St. Petersburg, FL area went 3G a month or two ago, which is much better than the 1X it used to be.

I hope this helps.

Thanks for Listening,
Tampa Bay Brad

Dhalgren

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
I got my Conquer, brand new on eBay for $170, and I love it. Had I been running CM7 on my Opitums S, I probably would not have done it. But I needed more internal app storage.

While both the Conquer and the Optimus specify the same resolution and screen size, I get the impression that the Optimus display is actually smaller than 3.5" and the Conquer has a full 3.5" screen area. It just looks and measures a half inch larger. And the Conquer has a capacitive touchscreen. It's more responsive. With the 1GHz Snapdragon processor, it is smooth and fast. And I finally listened to my developer friends like Drew Walton and gave Launcher Pro a try. I love it. Now I have a great phone running three homescreens, packed with useful apps, and connecting at inconsistent but often very good Wimax speeds in Manhattan.

It's even Netflix and Hulu Plus compatible. But this phone doesn't have the storage for entertainment and games. It's just a nice step above the Optimus.

Last edited:

dray_jr#IM

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
i Ordered this phone yesterday so im hopeing to have to no later then tuesday.
i went to the sprint store today and tested out the dummy phone.

The phone seems to run very smooth even after it has been handled by 100s of people and droped a couple times i think i might be happy with this phone. I took a couple pics with the rear camera and it has a incredible auto focus while zoomed and the pic came out great.

when i get it i am going to take a look at it and see if i can figure out a way to root it so i can really start playing with it.

i am very glad to see other people are enjoying this phone it makes me happy to see i might have choice a descent middle class phone

thanks

DJ

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz