Got the Gingerbread 2.3.6 / FE16 update today!

Dhalgren

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
We Conquer users are going to get a very similar OTA update that Samsung Epic 4G users got last week! And it might be the best update yet for the Conquer. Here are the details I could find:

Android Version 2.3.6 (the final version of Gingerbread, I assume?)
Kernel is (still?) 2.3.35.7
Build is now GINGERBREAD.FE16

This should breathe new life into one of Sprint's fastest phones until LTE is turned on. Epic 4G users report download speeds of 3500 kbps, and upload speeds on 1200 kpbs on the 4G WiMAX network.

Oh, and this update does away with the stock Android unlock screen. Now a 2-inch swipe in any direction unlocks the phone. It's like a poor man's version of the "water ripples" unlock screen on the Galaxy S3.

I think I'm getting a Galaxy Nexus next year. With this very nice update, and a very strong WiMAX network in Manhattan, there's no compelling reason for me to upgrade anytime soon.

Last edited:

cachorroeq

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
I would like to know how to get the update, I have went to settings, about phone and all that, didn't work. I get this notice all the time that there is a system update, but nothing changes. My bf didn't even get a system update and gets new stuff. Last time he got a different screen swipe to answer calls.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800