Other Owners with Impressions??

storm6610

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I am going to give this phone another go..after I read the book, I found out some other things about the ticker that make it more appealing possibly.

Nothing major mind you...I do see some reviews saying the ticker can "blink to be a notifier" and that I have not found.

But I am curious..I seem to be almost the only person who has this phone?? Are there no others with no impressions??

Our Verizon Rep said the phone was popular and has shipped numerous units...noone else out there??

storm6610

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
So now I understand why this forum is so dead. I walked into the local vzw store here in the east coast to look at cases.

Apparently the phone wasn't released to the stores yet. They were stunned I had it.

Now I understand after fed ex delivered the phone they tried to come back and pick it up. I already left with the phone however.

Sent from my SCH-I400 using Tapatalk

avanti1963#AC

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I have a question about the ticker display. Are you able to get your ticker voice message display icon to light up when you receive a voice message? I am told the only way it will light up is if you subscribe to Visual Voice Mail. I am hoping someone will be find a way to make it work with just the standard voice mail.

storm6610

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Well I subscribe to visual voice mail, so it lights for me. So I am not sure the answer to your question.
The problem with the ticker remains that it "lights up" then turns off. So then your back to lighting up the ticker manually and then the phone.

Unless your sitting watching the ticker, I am not sure it is useful as it really doesn't "do" anything concrete enough to affect the phone.

jtla

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Verizon is taking "pre-orders" now, but the phone is not supposed to have been available until Nov. 18. You are lucky to get your hands on one.

I played it at Verizon store and did not find the ticker is really that useful, especially at the expense of the size of main screen.

Glad to hear that the GPS locks in instantly. I have a Droid X for one week. It took a long time (5-10 minites) to lock in the satelite signal, so it is not just a Samsung problem. Still debating between Fascinate and Continuum.

jaz0305

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
i got the fascinate on november 12th, after few days of usage, i must say the gps situtation went down hill & the calls started dropping left & right on VZW, thats pretty odd. Anyhow, CS allowed to me to go to the corporate store & swap it for any phone & waived the $35 restocking fee. I got the continuum & things have been good. GPS locks instantly, web is fast & it feels good to hold a phone in hand with a decent size.

icu

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Just an FYI - it's my understanding that Samsung is going to be pushing out a fix quite soon that should solve the GPS and perhaps call drop issues with the Fascinate. If that's the only reason you switched and you'd prefer 4" I'd think about switching back. Just a thought.

The Fascinate is on my short list, but now I see VZW is selling this phone off for 50% the price. So very odd. There's no way I'd choose this phone, but for $99 it could be quite good.

Does anyone have any idea if anyone is going to really put that ticker to good use? I see that XDA doesn't even have a forum for it yet so perhaps the hackers aren't interested? Even for $100 less I personally would not choose this over the same phone with a bigger screen. The only thing that make me say "hmmm?" is the music controls on the ticker screen. That's a little bit of alright.

Paradio#AC

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I have the continuum-sent from Verizon to try out while my 4th DX is being inspected by Motorola. Anyway, I miss the larger screen and Froyo updates. I might add that the Continuum is using 2.1 which I rooted with Z4root. I'm having difficulty connecting the phone to my computer and xferring files. The phone is not being recognized. Keeps asking me whether I want to connect as a media or usb. however, doesn't respond in either choice. Need help here. TIA

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37