Call quality

beth34

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I've had my Continuum for two weeks. It's my frist Android, so I have no frame of reference for call quality. I'm concerned about two things: a 'tinny' sound that I hear when I speak and that people on the other end of a call have commented on the amount of background noise I pick up when calling from a noisy location.

- Are any other Continuum owners experiencing these issues?
- Is this just a Samsung/Galaxy S/android issue (i.e., is this something I would experience on other phones?
- Would the upgrade to 2.2 (when it become available) address call quality or is more for the features/functionality of the phone?

Thanks

salbal106

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
same here...beth..
like echoing sound right?.. I have 2 phones got on black friday..
and both of them doing samething...using bluetooth is ok or headset..
I'm contacting galaxy s tech support tomorrow and see what happens..
hate to use phone right now..We'll see what happen..either I'm returning or
fixing it.

SueA

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
speaker feed back

Same issue with the speaker feed back and picking up tons of background noise. Have found that if you put tape over the speaker it works a lot better, but why? - would be curious to know what you find out.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
T
I've had my Continuum for two weeks. It's my frist Android, so I have no frame of reference for call quality. I'm concerned about two things: a 'tinny' sound that I hear when I speak and that people on the other end of a call have commented on the amount of background noise I pick up when calling from a noisy location.

- Are any other Continuum owners experiencing these issues?
- Is this just a Samsung/Galaxy S/android issue (i.e., is this something I would experience on other phones?
- Would the upgrade to 2.2 (when it become available) address call quality or is more for the features/functionality of the phone?

Thanks

This sounds like a phone specific issue. I have great call quality. Good luck let us know if they are able to help you.

serpus

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
I don't really have a problem with call quality. I have asked multiple people, especially when I first got the phone, if I sounded different and how the call quality was. No one said that I sounded different and the call quality was fine. Might be a phone specific issue like DroidXcon mentioned.

beth34

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Thanks everyone. I haven't had a chance to go in to a Verizon store, but will post what I find out.

Another question for you guys... and I hope this isn't a stupid one. Does your headphone jack work properly? If so, did you need to do anything more than plug in the headphones (i.e., is there a setting I'm missing)? Sound still comes out my speakers with headphones plugged in.

serpus

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Are you sure your headphones are plugged into the jack all the way. My jack had worked frpm day one with no problems at all. Seems like your phone has some odd problems. Perhaps you should take it to a verizon store.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy