Case Mod for Grip Sensor

cyrmc

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Those of you with the Samsung continuum that would like to use a case and still have usage of the grip sensor may have some options if you are handy with some simple tools (hammer) and a hole punch from a 1/2in brass grommet kit found at Lowes. This requires some skill of tools and creativity...It was much easier to root the phone then it was to punch holes in the case!

***You can very easily brick your case if your not careful, so be warned.***

The only item needed from the grommet kit is the hole punch, save the rest of the items for other jobs around the house. This hole punch is the key to a professional looking case; drilling, melting, and cutting all will not work well. How you use the punch is the creative part, but I documented how i used it below.

kit.jpg

I also used the OEM dual hard case for this modification.

With the case on the phone, mark the area where you will want the hole to be punched being careful to leave room for the usb port on the left side and the camera button on the right side. Now REMOVE THE CASE FROM THE PHONE!

I used a small popsicle sticks to build up the inside of the case and placed it on my bench vise so that i could whale the hammer on it with some accuracy. Be creative, the goal is to have something for the hole punch to work against.

2011-03-27130128.jpg

Hammer the punch through both sides until the holes are cut and you will have results like this.

2011-03-27130328.jpg

JaznGibzn

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
looks good, but a similar result might be achieved using a step drill bit at low speed, with a bit of care. this will also have the added benefit of tapering the edges of the hole on the outside.

if i actually had a case on my phone i'd probably do it this way (step drill).

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey