[ROM]3.30.11 Clean Continuum DL17

ComradeKid

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I'm at work so you need to either wait for my bosses to leave or just ask here and wait for a response, they should be gone in about an hour or so

Okay, no problem.
So It finished installing. I went to reboot system now. It shows the samsung logo and I can hear the music play but after that, it's a black screen. Am I just supposed to wait?

edit: magic happened. and it's back on now :)

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Okay, no problem.
So It finished installing. I went to reboot system now. It shows the samsung logo and I can hear the music play but after that, it's a black screen. Am I just supposed to wait?

yes it just doesnt have boot animation, initial boot time if dalvik was wiped should be approx 4 mins

iamryfly

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
OK, I'm really excited about getting this custom ROM installed but I am running into a problem.

Every time I try to "apply update.zip" to get ClockworkMod installed I get an error saying the file doesn't have a signature.

Please help. Thanks.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
OK, I'm really excited about getting this custom ROM installed but I am running into a problem.

Every time I try to "apply update.zip" to get ClockworkMod installed I get an error saying the file doesn't have a signature.

Please help. Thanks.

did you follow my instructions a couple posts back?

iamryfly

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Alright DroidXcon, I finally got into but I have been stuck at wiping cache... for a more than a few minutes. Does it usually take this long or do I have to start over again?

(Patience is a virtue I just don't have)

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Alright DroidXcon, I finally got into but I have been stuck at wiping cache... for a more than a few minutes. Does it usually take this long or do I have to start over again?

(Patience is a virtue I just don't have)

shouldnt take that long,,,, that happened to me when i first had my fascinate so i just wiped cache in stock recovery and it worked after that

iamryfly

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
That worked - thanks for your help thus far, I really appreciate it.

So I got through all of your instructions, and successfully installed the ROM. However, when I reboot all I get is the Samsung screen and then it goes to black. It doesn't appear it is doing anything. I tried the exact instructions again and I'm still getting the same problem.

It appears I turned my phone into an expensive paperweight. Should I do a complete factory reset before I update? (I did back everything up using Titanium Backup)

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
That worked - thanks for your help thus far, I really appreciate it.

So I got through all of your instructions, and successfully installed the ROM. However, when I reboot all I get is the Samsung screen and then it goes to black. It doesn't appear it is doing anything. I tried the exact instructions again and I'm still getting the same problem.

It appears I turned my phone into an expensive paperweight.

no let it boot, takes approx 4 to 5 minutes, the boot animation has not been incorporated yet

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Question:
Is there any harm in wiping your Dalvik Cache after your new ROM is installed?

no but on reboot it will take several minutes to rebuild.

also i fixed that part in the post i did, power button on stock recovery shouldnt do anything im pretty sure it was the menu button to make the apply sdcard:update.zip but im sure someone can verify that for me.