Using DeX on a slow Windows PC works great!

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Until recently I thought of Dex as a novelty samsung feature kind've like the VR sets were a couple of years ago. However, recently I was frustrated with how slow my desktop windows 10 Pc is. It isn't that old, but it has a terrible Intel Pentium processor from 2017. The desktop itself, looks good, doesn't take up much space and has a touchscreen 22 inch display. So I figured, why not see if Dex could be a good substitute to run on this pc instead of windows 10 in slow motion. Well it works flawlessly. I don't know how Dex works, but I'm guessing it runs off of the S20 Ultra snapdragon processor and the 12gb of ram because Dex runs great, and instant. I don't mobile game much so Idk if it would be as fast playing a game but it definetly runs everything else fine. Considering I have Microsoft Office, the mobile apps work just as well as the pc desktop versions do, for me anyway.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Unless you have an SSD in your desktop the Pentium probably isn't the reason it's slow, Windows 10 is quick and snappy for me even on a 4th Gen 1.9Ghz dual core i5 from 2014.

Your phones storage is SIGNIFICANTLY faster than the storage found in most desktops.

Either way it's good to know DeX is working for you.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
yeah windows 10 is fast on my work laptop with a core i5 8th Gen and even on my wife's laptop with amd ryzen 3200u. but on our desktop it's just been so slow right out of the box 2yrs ago. idk what the deal is.
Unless you have an SSD in your desktop the Pentium probably isn't the reason it's slow, Windows 10 is quick and snappy for me even on a 4th Gen 1.9Ghz dual core i5 from 2014.

Your phones storage is SIGNIFICANTLY faster than the storage found in most desktops.

Either way it's good to know DeX is working for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech