Dex not finding my tv

Brew Swayne

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
I have a Samsung QN55Q6FNA TV and a Note 20 5G.

I've been using Dex with this TV without issue for the last few months, but this morning when I tried to connect with Dex, my phone initiated the connection, then said the connection was lost and to start over. Now my TV doesn't even show up for Dex to connect to.

Checked to make sure my TV is up to date (it is) and my phone has no available updates either.

Anyone else have this issue or know what I can do to fix it?

Brew Swayne

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
How do you do that? Dex doesn't show up as an app for me.
Settings/Apps

From there, you have to tap on the Filter and Sort icon, which looks like a down arrow next to hamburger lines.

Then you need to toggle on Show System Apps

From there, scroll down to Samsung Dex.

jagrlover

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hahaha , if you tap the category More andriod Goodness then tap Chrome books & More it's in there .

I really like Dex, glitches and all. Is there any way that you could move the forum to the Samsung forum? It would get a lot more love if it was more visible. Just my 2¢.

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Sometimes updating my Samsung TV software is a mistake... My apple tv4k+ use to turn on the TV when I woke up 🍎 TV4K and it stopped doing it. Small matter but have to use a 2nd remote to turn in tv now, unless there is a setting that got changed (never did with past updates).

My PC just got a new DeX 2.0 update. First time I plugged in Samsung phone it installed a driver and program. Added a Quick Panel DeX icon also. I think

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Do you have another device you can try casting to the TV? It would help isolate whether the phone or the TV is the problem right now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1