Used Epic 4G won't make or receive calls

kgilbertsen

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I just bought a used Epic 4G, from eBay, that arrived today. My carrier is Sprint. I owned the Epic before my S3, and never had this problem.
When I dial a number, the phone starts to connect, and my even ring once, but then disconnects on it's own. It also does not accept calls - when attempting to call the phone, you are sent to voicemail.
I don't remember having to change any kind of setting to get the phone to make and receive calls, but want to be sure I'm not missing something before I get into it with the eBay seller about a refund.
Thanks for any help.
Ken

(I bought the phone to use while my S3 is being repaired by Samsung...)

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I just bought a used Epic 4G, from eBay, that arrived today. My carrier is Sprint. I owned the Epic before my S3, and never had this problem.
When I dial a number, the phone starts to connect, and my even ring once, but then disconnects on it's own. It also does not accept calls - when attempting to call the phone, you are sent to voicemail.
I don't remember having to change any kind of setting to get the phone to make and receive calls, but want to be sure I'm not missing something before I get into it with the eBay seller about a refund.
Thanks for any help.
Ken

(I bought the phone to use while my S3 is being repaired by Samsung...)

I take it you had the phone activated by Sprint?

kgilbertsen

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I take it you had the phone activated by Sprint?

I did. I called Sprint again this afternoon and they took me through the steps again. I made and received a couple of calls immediately after that, but now it's back to dropping them/sending them to voicemail. I sent the eBay seller an email about a refund, and if I don't hear back from them by tomorrow night I'll dispute the sale through PayPal. What a pain.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I did. I called Sprint again this afternoon and they took me through the steps again. I made and received a couple of calls immediately after that, but now it's back to dropping them/sending them to voicemail. I sent the eBay seller an email about a refund, and if I don't hear back from them by tomorrow night I'll dispute the sale through PayPal. What a pain.

As far as I know, you shouldn't be having any sort of problem. Hopefully, you can get your money back.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital