Galaxy 3 won't let me charge

Tonedown03

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
Last week galaxy 3 would not let me charge battery.
Have checked charge socket and batteries they are fine, perfectly in good working order (some people might understand why I had to drive that point home)
Updated software after phone alerted me that there was a update available.
After doing this the phone charged perfectly well.
Last night phone wouldn't charge, message this morning said update was available, I'm sure if I download update phone will charge again,
But I don't feel like doing a 150 meg update overtime my phone won't charge.
Some type of bug in my phone, can somebody please hell

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
How do you know the charge socket is still good? How did you test it?

Since you said it charged fine after the software update, it seems unlikely the update caused the problem. Charging problems are almost always hardware related. If you haven't already, try using a different charger or USB port, and a different USB cable.

rick_evelyn

May 21, 2013
Visit site
My gs3 wont charge at all either nothing happens no matter what I do change cords batteries nothing has worked what to do know?
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Tonedown03

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
Don't know for sure if the socket is okay,
The first time this happened I inspected and made sure it looked clean, it's funny how as soon as I updated software it charged perfectly i have never had to wiggle or move cable to charge and now with a message reading 'update available' it won't charge it seems a bit more than a coincidence to me, if no one has had the same problem I will try the update again and see if it charges !

Posted via Android Central App