I have had my Samsung Galaxy 3 about 14 mos. Now the battery is at 65% after just 2 hours. I have had problems in the past several months with the phone getting hot so I have done several power saving steps that I found online. I have turned down my screen brightness to almost 0 most of time and to 'time out' after 15 sec. I do regular clearing of the cache and have force stopped many of the apps. I have checked the battery for bulges and the 'spin test' and it seems to still be ok by those standard so I do not know what the problem is. The last few days I had several error messages popping up when I was on the internet: 'The weather widget had stopped working', 'Google app' had stopped, ATT locker has stopped, etc. It was only doing this while connected to the internet. I went by the ATT store to have a Tech look at it. He turned on the 'location' thinking that would help the error messages but I have since turned it off and deleted a few widgets.

Anyone have any suggestions on what to do next to keep it from draining my battery? Thanks
    05-30-2015 06:51 PM
    How low do you normally let the battery charge go before recharging it? (See The Care and Feeding of Lithium Polymer Batteries - you can easily kill a lithium battery totally dead in 6 months if you try hard.)
    05-30-2015 07:57 PM
    It varies. I have read several different opinions on it. When I am in the car I may plug it in when it doesn't really need it. I haven't read the article so that may be bad on the battery. Typically the way it has been draining so fast I don't plug it in until it is at around 65%
    05-30-2015 08:29 PM
    Well I thought I had already posted another reply. Having computer difficulties also. Great article!! Thanks!!

So If I understand it right I should have a spare battery so I don't worry about keeping my phone charging in my car because I need it for work. That way I can let it drain down further and not keep charging it for no reason. Not sure if that could be the problem. But I never let it get very low until now when it is happening by 'surprise'.
    05-30-2015 09:56 PM