So I bought my A3 about two and a half months ago and about two weeks ago the bottom half of the screen started to flicker very very slightly while on the lowest brightness (-5). It was a minor annoyance but nothing crazy so I ignored it and bumped it up to -4 and it's gradually gotten worse, to the point where it's now as bright as it can go and it's just now starting to flicker. It started off really subtle but now if I put the brightness back down to anything that isn't +5 the whole bottom half of the screen flashes a pink/green neon colour that is unbearable to look at, and of course my battery is dropping rapidly due to having the screen so bright all the time.

Anyone know what's up? And if so is there anything *somewhat* simple I can do at home first? I wanted to avoid the hassle of taking it in because last time I did it took them weeks to repair after messing me around a bunch and telling me it would be ready when it wasn't, but I'm technologically challenged so course I will take it in if it's necessary 😄

**also, just adding that I've never dropped or damaged it in any way and make a point to keep it away from water ☺
    06-18-2015 07:25 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Since it sounds like a manufacturer defect, and since you're still within the warranty period, I'd just get it fixed by Samsung. If you let it go and just try to do a workaround, then at some point, the screen might fail completely--and it'll probably happen the day after your warranty expires.
    06-19-2015 12:57 AM
    Thank you very much ☺ I'll head in today.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    06-19-2015 05:01 AM
    Hi...i use a Samsung A3 that is not more than 6 months old. it has recently started fickering its upper quarter part...what can i do? and the battery is not lasting like it used to. Please help.
    10-12-2015 04:40 AM
    Did you solve this problem?
    12-28-2015 02:11 AM
    Hi, no i did not. But when i increase the lighting it stops flikering.
    01-05-2016 09:51 AM
    How do correct above problem of A3 Samsung of screen flickering
    05-13-2016 06:34 PM
    I bought my A3 2026 before two weeks, but noticed screen flickering (sometimes) only when is on charge and is full charged.When i take off from charger, screen flickering immediately stop.
    MartinK_2 likes this.
    06-14-2016 02:06 AM
    Hello, I woke up and checked the time on my phone only for it to be flashing red/ pink when I unlocked It. I turned it on and off and it was just flickering so I've spent a good hour panicking that it's completely broken however I just turned the brightness up and it's fine ( finger crossed )
    Your post has reassured me that it's not just me this has happend to!
    I've had my Samsung a3 for a year and 6 months, not had an issue, I'm still paying my contract..I was wondering. Does anyone know 1). If I need to get it fixed 2). How much that will be
    3). Will this flickering thing happen all.over the phone ?!

Thanks
    12-21-2016 11:53 PM