Unsaved number showing wrong contact image

stuffedhippo

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
It seems the whenever I receive a call from an unsaved number the profile picture of my wife appears. If it is a saved number without profile picture it is the standard screen as expected.

Has anyone else had this problem.

Running Lollipop on a Samsung A3

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are all of your contacts in your Google account? If so, try going to the App Manager, select Contact Storage, and Clear Cache/Clear Data. Do the same for the Contacts app. Let it sync again, and see if this still happens

carola_cocacola

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
Mine is doing exactly the same (but a photo of my husband) since doing the software upgrade a couple of days ago. Embarrassingly I answered the phone thinking it was my husband calling but it was someone completely different. It is the photo I use for my husband and I can't understand how it's happened or figure out how to change it. I will try the clearing of cache" and see if that helps.

alanperrott

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Did you ever find a solution to this? I have the same phone and same OS and I have exactly the same problem. I addressed a customer as 'Darling' yesterday - not a good way to win business!

carola_cocacola

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
Unfortunately, I haven't had success yet. I cleared the caches as suggested above but feared clearing "data" as I didn't understand exactly WHAT data was going to be deleted (it told me it would be permanent and irreversible). Hoping someone else can give some more suggestions??

carola_cocacola

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
Are you able to tell me what data is deleted when we CLEAR DATA? I am too scared to be losing vital information.... clearing caches alone hasn't solved the problem.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital