incoming caller-name is not displaying only number shows

jasonrego

Nov 25, 2018
Visit site
I run few online stores and each store have its own support number; the calls are forwarded from the VoIP/phone service provider to my cell.

The VoIP/phone service provider add a prefix to caller-name to distinguish which number the call is coming to. When calls come to my cell it will show “Store#1 John Smith” or “Store#2 John Smith”. So when I take the call I can greet them accordingly to the prefix displayed from the caller name.

Recently I changed the cell phone form Galaxy S4 Mini to Galaxy A3 2017. Now I do not get the caller-name of the caller. All I get is the number the call is coming from.

How to make the phone to display the caller name also?

Some additional Details:
- These numbers or names are NOT stored in my cell
- Phone Samsung Galaxy A3 2017 with Android 8.0.0 Oreo; Fido (Canada)
- The issue must be at the phone as the prefix and names are displaying properly on other phones Galaxy S4 Mini.
- I have contacted service provider regarding this; the issue is NOT at the service provider level as its working fine on the Galaxy S4 Mini
- Caller ID is turned on the phone

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Open the Phone app, tap Menu>Settings>Call Settings, and look for an option for Caller ID. Is it turned on?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Have you asked your carrier about this? I wonder if there's something they have to do on their end for the phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac