My phone won't hard reset (not an usual problem, I think

Dvvmnorix

Jun 17, 2016
Visit site
Ok, I'll try to do my best to describe it as detailed as possible.

I was on Instagram, not posting anything, just scrolling, on my SAMSUNG A5 I got this very year, like three months ago, but I think is a 2015 model. It suddenly stops working, I can't do anything, even restarting the device. I left it like this and I notice it starts getting really hot. Then, it just shuts down and it won't turn on again. I tried even hard reset and sometimes it works: The Samsung A5 screen appears, but it shuts down again soon, so I think "okay, it's the battery, I'll wait." It has been like five, six hours and I tried hard reset again. It worked, but It said if I would like to download a custom OS. I accidentally pressed "yes" (it's just pressing the volume up button) but I freaked out and shutted it down by doing the same combination of buttons, because I didn't want it to download ODIN and here's the funny thing.

I've never downloaded ODIN in this device, I don't know what's happening. Is this normal? What should I do? I think that my phone is still ok, I mean, I think it's not gone forever, but I jus't don't know what to do. I tried turning it on normally, but it won't happen.

Please, help me!

Thank you.

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Not sure what state it's currently in, copying current messages, etc, would help.

As far as ODIN, that's a software that gets installed on a PC to interface with the download mode (that you likely got into. As far as it asking to download a "custom os", that sounds like it may have been rooted with a custom recovery.

Personally, given the locking up, over heating issues, and that weird custom os message, I would download ODIN on your pc, and follow the directions to restore your phone back to 100% factory condition.

If it's still acting up after that, it's probably a hardware issue and should still be under warranty. Any and all software issues not present in the stock os will be taken care of by restoring it back to stock with ODIN or even KIES (the more consumer focused version of ODIN).

Dvvmnorix

Jun 17, 2016
Visit site
Thank you, I was about to do that but I was waiting for an answer! It should work since I've already done the same thing with the last phone and it worked 100%.

Have a nice day!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech