A5 no longer connects to VW car kit after November update

fronty

Dec 21, 2016
Visit site
Hello,

My Galaxy A5 2016 used to connect to my VW Passat car kit fine. I chose this phone because it supports the Bluetooth RSAP profile which my VW car kit uses.

However the phone updated itself recently with what I think is the November security update, and now it won't connect to the car kit any more - is there a problem with the update? I could really do with a fix as driving the car without the phone being connected is really dangerous.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Delete the car connection in the phone, and the phone connection in the car audio.

Now pair them again and see if they connect.

We still aren't at the point at which "Bluetooth" means the same to all devices - it's just a pipe - but you wouldn't want light crude coming out of your cold water pipe, and that's where we are. Some devices won't connect to other devices, and the problem usually appears after one of them gets updated.

See if the car dealership's service department has a Bluetooth update - they sometimes do, and it matches the phone update.

(Ten years ago, you couldn't send an MMS from one carrier to another - now we can. We;re in that state with Bluetooth now - maybe it'll work, maybe it won't. In 10 years - or less - I expect to see some standards that almost everyone follows.)

fronty

Dec 21, 2016
Visit site
Hi, my phone updated yesterday, it's now running 1st January 2017 security patch and I think updated Android too (running 6.0.1 but I'm not sure what it had before). Anyway it's pairing with my car now so whatever was broken has been fixed. Hoo-ray! :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois