SD Card issue (A5 2017)

daviddlt

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Wanted to find out if anyone is having this issue.
My A5 won't read my 128gb Samsung EVO sd card after I turn it back on, it will read it after restarting it 2-3 times. I never had this problem w my S4-S5, Note 2-5. I dont have Knox activated and not rooted, would you agree this is a defective sd card reader? My SD card is only 3 months old.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Were you using that same card in your previous phone, or is it a new card? If it's new, it could still be corrupt, defective, or counterfeit. Install SD Insight to see if the card is genuine or counterfeit. Counterfeit cards are programmed to report more storage than they actually have, and if you try saving more than the card can actually hold, then files can start getting corrupt.

If it's a valid card, then go to Settings>Storage, Unmount the card, remove it, and insert it into your computer. Can the computer read these files? Backup as much as you can right now, then run chkdsk to look for bad sectors: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...guide-using-chkdsk-fix-corrupted-sd-card.html.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to hear it. It's always possible that it was an isolated problem with that unit, but it's understandable if you want to look elsewhere for a new phone.

darkmoonrising

Mar 14, 2017
Visit site
I find it really hard to believe that you had no problem using a 128GB Samsung EVO SD card in your Note 5. Given that the Note 5 does NOT take any SD cards whatsoever.
Also 128GB cards were not around during the earlier S or Note models, so methinks you are really having us on.