Why are my music playlists wiped on every boot?

AK Nator

Mar 19, 2017
Visit site
(Samsung Galaxy A5 2016)
All of my music is stored on my external SD card. Every time I restart my phone, all of the tracks in my playlists, as well as my Favourites and Most Played, are removed, but the playlists themselves remain. For example, I have a Playlist 001, with 15 tracks. After the phone restarts, Playlist 001 is still there but has 0 tracks. Everything was working perfectly until about 2 weeks ago. I only use the stock Samsung Music Player, but I have also tried this with Google Play Music and the problem is still there. Can someone please help me?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Where is the playlist file itself located -- internal storage or the SD? Also, can you try a different SD card?

AK Nator

Mar 19, 2017
Visit site
The playlist file is saved on my internal phone storage, and yes, I have tried with another external SD card (a new one), but the problem is still there. I would like to add that music saved on my internal phone storage is NOT affected by this problem.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It could be related to where the playlist file is saved. Can that file be saved to the SD card itself? I never use playlists, so I don't know if this would be a definite solution.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams