Notification Access keeps switching off on my Samsung A5 (2017)

Margatroid7

Sep 26, 2017
Visit site
so i've searched online and i can't really find any answers to this similar problem. i find this quite annoying since i have to manually turn it back on again for all my apps. this has never happened before, until i updated to the latest android version - nougat 7.0

i hear that it has something to do with glance view but i don't want to root my phone to freeze it. can someone help me to find another solution?

i'm using the Samsung A5 (2017)

Marcel V

Oct 7, 2017
Visit site
Wiping the cache partition didn't work..

It seems that it is related to the latest Android Nougat (7.0) update in which some major changes were made to the notification system.
Couldn't find any workaround or solution until now.

Last edited:

jonware

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem following upgrade to 7.0. Notification access is lost after every reboot, and sporadically in between. I use Tasker to turn on "Do not disturb" (which relies on notification access) and it's annoying that this fails regularly due to this issue.

Thinking the update to 7.0 left something behind, I tried factory resetting the phone last night and initially it seemed to work. However less than a day later the problem is back again - I've backtracked all the installs / changed settings done today but to no avail.

Bartlorre

Sep 29, 2017
Visit site
Yesterday, I did a wipe cache and factory reset and reinstalled everything, all went good until I activated android auto.
And it also activates the Do not disturb mode
All my notifications turned off again.
So my question, do you all use android auto? or is it narrowed to the do not disturb mode only?

Last edited:

Marcel V

Oct 7, 2017
Visit site
Nope. I think it is just a bug in the latest Android 7.0 (Nougat) upgrade. Not app related, It would be nice if someone finds a workaround for this because it is quite annoying. I have a Gear S3 Watch which depends on the notification access that the gear app needs to send notifications (like whatsapp) to my watch.

codemitra

Dec 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi guys,

It is not a bug, your battery optimization is messing up things :) I mean , I am just saying for the problem of gear s3 notification access that keeps turning of randomly - it's not randomly, whenever your battery gets "optimized" , your notifications go off. So you go Settings>Apps>right-up corner of the screen, the "three dots" that mean "more" >special access>optimize battery usage> choose "All apps" instead of "Apps not optimized" and then find your app ( in this case all gear s3 apps ) and un-check them so they would not be optimized any more. This did the trick for me.

fedemehring

Dec 11, 2017
Visit site
Hi guys,

It is not a bug, your battery optimization is messing up things :) I mean , I am just saying for the problem of gear s3 notification access that keeps turning of randomly - it's not randomly, whenever your battery gets "optimized" , your notifications go off. So you go Settings>Apps>right-up corner of the screen, the "three dots" that mean "more" >special access>optimize battery usage> choose "All apps" instead of "Apps not optimized" and then find your app ( in this case all gear s3 apps ) and un-check them so they would not be optimized any more. This did the trick for me.

In my case didn't work, I actually have an A7 2017 with the latest Nougat Update but the notification access switching off it's not randomly, it always switch off every time my Gear S2 connects to the phone, while it's connected there is no problem but if I loose connection I have to manually turn on notification access. It started after Nougat update, working fine with 6.0. I did a wipe cache but no success. Any advice? Thanks.

ek-chuah

Dec 11, 2017
Visit site
Hello folks,
I've chatted with Samsung a few days before and I mentioned the problem, that the S2 causes. the Samsung guy talked with the developers and he said, that they are working on it. He hopes that there will be an update for the gear S2. The problem exists since android nougat. Everytime the gear loses conncetion to my A5 2017 and get connected again the acces to the notifications get deactivated.
So i hope that Samsung solve this problem shortly, because at this time I can't use the gear S2
Sorry for my rusted english ;)

fedemehring

Dec 11, 2017
Visit site
ek-chuah, I recently purchased a Gear S3 and the same behavior persist so I'm guessing that is something related to the phone, especially to Nougat update, because previously was working fine with Marshmallow and after Nougat update in the phone the issue appear (no Gear update). Hope they are working on it since I have the exactly same behavior that you do.

ek-chuah

Dec 11, 2017
Visit site
Possible, but for now I don't use the Gear (Gear in flight mode) and the access to notification is for these apps on: gear, tasker, always on display. All these apps have the access til the gear disconnects. When the gear isn't connected they never get lost the notification access. So, I think yet, that the problem is the OS of the gear in combination with android nougat. I'm hoping with you, because I can't use the gear since august in the way I want to and Samsung promises...

Marcel V

Oct 7, 2017
Visit site
Hi, Good news!
Yesterday I received an android update for my Samsung A5 2017 and the issue is solved now. I use it with a Gear S3.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alastair