Just Got an A5 and it wont Connect via Bluetooth to Anything

7plymaple

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone. I just bought an SM-A520W Aalaxy A5 and so far love it. But cant get it to connect with any bluetooth devices. Keep getting the "Can't connect to logitech keyboard. Make sure device is ready to pair" Same thing with my car as well.

Never had this problem before and have been using android phones and tablets for years.

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Just to be sure -- you've gone through the appropriate process on the Bluetooth devices to make sure they've initiated the pairing process? E.g., on the keyboard, you typically have to press and hold a Connect button for about 3 seconds to initiate pairing.

7plymaple

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi thanks for the reply. Yes with my keyboard I hold down the pair button and click pair on my phone. Then the phone shows the message saying what numbers I should type into the keyboard to confirm the pair. And every time I put in a couple numbers the phone immediately says could not pair. make sure device is ready to pair.

With my car stereo (a pioneer deck put in by the previous owner) I click pair on my phone and the stereo says "full pair" then the phone gives the unable to pair message again. Weird!

7plymaple

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
So no luck with safe mode or turning off wifi. But it looks like the devices are at fault not my phone. Tried pairing with my old phone and it worked fine. Tried pairing it to a speaker and it also worked. Tried pairing my old phone to the keyboard and it wouldnt work! So by coincidence seems like theres some issues with the first two devices I happened to try pairing my new phone to. Clueless as yo why because I used both regularly until getting the new phone.