Why do I have to hit delete 3 times to delete something?

Mar 16, 2021
Visit site
Im sick of doing this. Its like my phone is telling me, are you sure you want to delete? Are you really sure you want to delete? It's so annoying. Is there a way to stop this from happening, or 2 times maximum. I have having to hit the delete button 3 times to delete 1 thing

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
What are you trying to delete? And from where? There's like 50 different things and ways to delete... anything, so please be a little more specific.

An app, a file, a phone number, a contact, etc., etc...?

Mar 16, 2021
Visit site
Anything really. But let's just say, an sms message for instance. They seem to be the most annoying. Emails are kinda similar. You hit delete on them and they go to deleted files. But deleting those, you need to hit delete two more times

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Anything really. But let's just say, an sms message for instance. They seem to be the most annoying. Emails are kinda similar. You hit delete on them and they go to deleted files. But deleting those, you need to hit delete two more times
Hi, welcome to AC!
I'm not experiencing this on my Note20U in Gmail or Samsung email app .

Mar 16, 2021
Visit site
Let's say you have an sms you want to delete. You select the message and a little delete box appears up on the top right of your phone.you press that delete button and it asks you what messages in the thread you want to delete, so you pick the message and then hit the delete button that appears at bottom of screen. It then asks you if you want to delete these messages. Is there away to stop getting these remindoers

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Let's say you have an sms you want to delete. You select the message and a little delete box appears up on the top right of your phone.you press that delete button and it asks you what messages in the thread you want to delete, so you pick the message and then hit the delete button that appears at bottom of screen. It then asks you if you want to delete these messages. Is there away to stop getting these remindoers
In stock message app I choose delete and says move to trash afterwards , in Google message app it just delets

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Are you using Samsung's apps for text and emails?

I use Textra for SMS, and it is a two-click function. After highlighting the text to delete, you click on the trash can icon, which then "opens" it, and then you click again to close it, deleting that message.

For emails, I use the BlackBerry Hub+ Inbox, and deleting is just a swipe function. But my email is Exchange-based, so it automatically goes to the Deleted items folder. I clean that out when I think about it when I check the same account on my home PC. I don't sync the Deleted items folder on my phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy