Keyboard issue with Outlook app on Samsung A50

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi, I have a Samsung A50, on which I've been using the Outlook app with no issues for some time. But a little while ago my phone did some updates, and now whenever I open my Outlook app, I get a message saying 'Select Keyboard. To use this app you need to switch to a keyboard that’s approved by your organization. On the next screen, select one of the following keyboards. – Google voice typing'.
When I click “Continue”, a box pops up which says “Choose input method”. The only option is “Samsung Keyboard”, which is already selected. When I click on this, the pop-up box goes away, but the previous message about selecting a keyboard doesn’t, and so I am unable to type anything.
In my phone settings, under General management - Keyboard list and default, my default keyboard is Samsung Keyboard, and the other two keyboard options are Google voice typing (which is selected) and Samsung voice input (which is not selected). I've tried deselecting Google voice typing, but this doesn't help.
Any ideas appreciated! I can read emails but can't write them, or search, or anything that involves typing.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Since the phone sounds like it's a work phone (or you had your own phone set up by your IT department to comply with their security policies), it'd be worth asking your IT department about this.

RAWSki1

Dec 24, 2021
Visit site
I am having a similar issue. Outlooks want you to select a keyboard but then won't get out of the "loop" and keeps requiring selection of a keyboard that doesn't exist.

RAWSki1

Dec 24, 2021
Visit site
Android 8.1. On a BlackBerry Key2

I am 90% sure it is an administrative issue because I have another Outlook365 account on the same device (for over a year) and have no issues ---- works great. Someone maybe got over zealous in the security department.

I can use this account but the virtual keyboard appears which isn't horrible just a nuisance. What is un-acceptable is that then the virtual keyboard appears in every app on the phone.

I may try a third party email app for this account if the admin will allow it.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Android 8.1. On a BlackBerry Key2

I am 90% sure it is an administrative issue because I have another Outlook365 account on the same device (for over a year) and have no issues ---- works great. Someone maybe got over zealous in the security department.

I can use this account but the virtual keyboard appears which isn't horrible just a nuisance. What is un-acceptable is that then the virtual keyboard appears in every app on the phone.

I may try a third party email app for this account if the admin will allow it.
You using the standalone outlook app?

RAWSki1

Dec 24, 2021
Visit site
You using the standalone outlook app?

Yes stand alone app but I do have Intune company portal, (added when I added the second account) someone suggested trying with the Intune app removed? Like I mentioned it has not affected the function of my original OL365 account.

Thanks

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yes stand alone app but I do have Intune company portal, (added when I added the second account) someone suggested trying with the Intune app removed? Like I mentioned it has not affected the function of my original OL365 account.

Thanks

Have you tried without intune app?

RAWSki1

Dec 24, 2021
Visit site
Have you tried without intune app?

Tried it this weekend, no luck without intone outlook wouldn't work.
Also tried using NINE app and was able to send emails but not receive.
Going to give the IT department a week or so to deal with company wide issues and see if things work out.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Tried it this weekend, no luck without intone outlook wouldn't work.
Also tried using NINE app and was able to send emails but not receive.
Going to give the IT department a week or so to deal with company wide issues and see if things work out.
Ok keep us posted

RAWSki1

Dec 24, 2021
Visit site
Work around I found was to download Microsoft Swiftkey Keyboard app and make that my primary keyboard over the BB Keyboard. Now can get into both my Outlook accounts. There are issues but I can work with it. I may give Gboard a try at some point to see if it works any better with the physical KB.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers