Does anyone have this device? I have to say, the fact that it is a Samsung device that has a headphone jack, super fast charging, 120hz refresh rate and 5G is very tempting for only 400 dollars right now.

But.. I wonder how performance and camera are? I am used to flagship level camera as I have been spoiled by the Note 9/Note 10+ this recent years.
    BergerKing likes this.
    09-27-2021 06:42 AM
    I have an A32 5G, which obviously is not the same device, but it might still give you some perspective. I got it free via trade-in of my ancient Nexus 5X through T-Mobile, and for a budget-to-midrange phone, it's quite good. Performance is surprisingly decent for a Dimensity 720 (Mediatek) CPU, build quality is impressive, and battery life is exceptional. The camera is mediocre though, even with a quad camera setup. I had to use the phone for a couple of weeks after my Pixel 3 XL died, and although it was totally fine for work and day-to-day use, the camera experience really made me miss the Pixel camera so much that I pretty much immediately ordered a refurbished Pixel 3a XL as a stopgap until the Pixel 6 comes along.

So I'd guess that the A52 5G's performance is excellent, considering how good it is on this phone. Not sure about the camera -- if it's pretty much the same setup and software as this one, it might disappoint.
    Laura Knotek and J Dubbs like this.
    09-27-2021 09:14 PM
    If your use to high end phone then midrange wont cut it , although midrange devices have improved it wont give you what high end do because they have to cut features and specs.
    09-27-2021 09:18 PM
    I have the A52 5G, and it works great. This is the first non-flagship I have owned. Since I ditched Blackberry years ago, I have always had the too Samsung phone. However, I really wanted the headphone jack, so my choices were limited. I have had my A52 5G for a couple of months now, and it performs great.
    BergerKing and ScottsoNJ like this.
    10-06-2021 06:41 PM
    I have the A52 5G, and it works great. This is the first non-flagship I have owned. Since I ditched Blackberry years ago, I have always had the too Samsung phone. However, I really wanted the headphone jack, so my choices were limited. I have had my A52 5G for a couple of months now, and it performs great.
    Hi, welcome to AC!
    Thanks for you input on the device.
    10-06-2021 11:43 PM
    I am considering buy an A52 5G but am concerned about the camera. I am not after a top of the line phone as I use it for calls, texts, email, social media, websites, etc... I am currently using a Moto G7 Supra so I have no doubt this is an upgrade in every way. I would like to be able to lay something down on the floor and take one or two overhead shots and be set. I currently have to take 20+ at times and flash always washes out the color. I would like to be able to take pictures of the wild turkeys near my home, animals at the zoo, etc... I can get it cheaper than Google Pixel 5A so if this will meet my needs then it will save me money. The next phone I buy I would like to last several years so I want to be sure what I buy is good for what I want to do with it. This is all very anxiety provoking. Especially as I need to decide soon due to my current phone staying black screened 8 out of 10 times I push the button. I would appreciate any input.
    10-18-2021 02:17 AM
    I am considering buy an A52 5G but am concerned about the camera. I am not after a top of the line phone as I use it for calls, texts, email, social media, websites, etc... I am currently using a Moto G7 Supra so I have no doubt this is an upgrade in every way. I would like to be able to lay something down on the floor and take one or two overhead shots and be set. I currently have to take 20+ at times and flash always washes out the color. I would like to be able to take pictures of the wild turkeys near my home, animals at the zoo, etc... I can get it cheaper than Google Pixel 5A so if this will meet my needs then it will save me money. The next phone I buy I would like to last several years so I want to be sure what I buy is good for what I want to do with it. This is all very anxiety provoking. Especially as I need to decide soon due to my current phone staying black screened 8 out of 10 times I push the button. I would appreciate any input.
    It sounds like the camera is important to you.... I would go with a pixel, best camera around on their budget line, best updates around for the longest time period, long battery life, and they're well built phones that will last you as long as you want to keep them.
    B. Diddy and MrBear16 like this.
    10-18-2021 05:10 AM
    Thank you for the response. It has been hard trying to pick. Especially since the Samsung camera "sounds" better in certain ways. One website said about Galaxy A52 5G, "Around 424% more mega pixels (MP) than Google Pixel 5A. More resolution generally means better picture quality, though it's not always necessary." That makes the camera quality all the more confusing.

Maybe I should have made this a new post. My current phone is less responsive with displaying the screen than yesterday.
    J Dubbs likes this.
    10-18-2021 04:26 PM