phone won't update

2crazy98

Jul 4, 2019
Visit site
Hi i'm a new android user, i got this phone last week and i'm trying to get the latest updates for PIE and when i click on software updates, then download and install i get a little wheel searching for updates and after a few min it get a message saying couldn't download update, right under that message it says couldn't connect to server please try again. It's 1 week i've been trying but no luck :(

Wbutchart1

Feb 14, 2019
Visit site
Hi i'm a new android user, i got this phone last week and i'm trying to get the latest updates for PIE and when i click on software updates, then download and install i get a little wheel searching for updates and after a few min it get a message saying couldn't download update, right under that message it says couldn't connect to server please try again. It's 1 week i've been trying but no luck :(
That's strange. I assume you have plenty of storage space? Also have you tried switching the phone off and on?

2crazy98

Jul 4, 2019
Visit site
That's strange. I assume you have plenty of storage space? Also have you tried switching the phone off and on?

Yup, phone still has 40gb free and I turned it on/off as well as tried to download it on safe mode. Also I haven’t rooted or jailbroken the phone.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! We've been seeing a number of similar complaints about this, seemingly all on Samsung phones, so it might be a Samsung issue. Have you already tried clearing the app cache/data for the Play Store app and the Download Manager app in Settings>Apps​? To see the latter, you have to tap Menu>Show System.

2crazy98

Jul 4, 2019
Visit site
I just cleared the google store cache but I can’t find the download manager, also can’t find menu>show system :( do I need to clear the data as well for the google store? I did that once for the eBay app and I had to enter all my info again.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I just cleared the google store cache but I can’t find the download manager, also can’t find menu>show system :( do I need to clear the data as well for the google store? I did that once for the eBay app and I had to enter all my info again.
You can use smart switch to see any updates , download to your computer.

2crazy98

Jul 4, 2019
Visit site
I tried that as well but I didn’t find any updates, last update on my phone was the May 1st update. I think my carrier is blocking the updates.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Go to Settings>Apps, then look for the Menu button (3 vertical dots, usually at the upper right). There should be an option there to Show System. Then look in the list for Download Manager.

I would clear the cache and data from both Google Play Store and Download Manager. Clearing the data from the Play Store is no big deal -- you might just have to readjust any Play Store app settings you might have customized (like auto app updates, etc.).

2crazy98

Jul 4, 2019
Visit site
Go to Settings>Apps, then look for the Menu button (3 vertical dots, usually at the upper right). There should be an option there to Show System. Then look in the list for Download Manager.

I would clear the cache and data from both Google Play Store and Download Manager. Clearing the data from the Play Store is no big deal -- you might just have to readjust any Play Store app settings you might have customized (like auto app updates, etc.).

Oh I didn’t know the 3dots was called menu! Ok found those and cleared it!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
No problem, still will keep my eyes open if I see anything.
I like the A50 , you be surprised sometimes Samsung Mid Tier phones get software updates/security patches faster then the flagships ones lol.
Thanks for looking, I appreciate it! I hope the new OS Q won’t take forever to be available on my phone.

2crazy98

Jul 4, 2019
Visit site
No problem, still will keep my eyes open if I see anything.
I like the A50 , you be surprised sometimes Samsung Mid Tier phones get software updates/security patches faster then the flagships ones lol.

Lol I hope so! I need those camera updates to take better pictures so I’ll be keeping an eye out

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
It’s an upgrade from my iPhone 6 and with the 25mp I expected it to be on par with the flagship camera or better but it isn’t. I heard the June 1st patch was an improvement overall and any little bit helps for me.
I'm sure there will be enhancements coming soon .

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000