12-18-2020 09:28 PM
57 123
tools
    You dont consider the fact that 2 apps which do similiar functions and cannot be removed from a new unmodified phone aswell as the problem of not being able to disable "find my device" suspicious?

why?
    Because one by Google , which makes the software for the phone and other by Samsung who's manufacturer of the phone . Both are legit apps.
    Every Android phone comes with Google software will have that find my phone , and every Samsung phone has Samsung /Google version of find my phone
    05-12-2020 10:12 AM
    If I ever had a spying capable app, what an easy way to gain access by having the credentials by whatever means for the find my device or phone apps , and the target phone cannot disconnect my ability in their own settings. Most Android users aren't probably even aware of 1 or both of these 'features'
    It is a security issue at the least.
    05-12-2020 12:51 PM
    If I ever had a spying capable app, what an easy way to gain access by having the credentials by whatever means for the find my device or phone apps , and the target phone cannot disconnect my ability in their own settings. Most Android users aren't probably even aware of 1 or both of these 'features'
    It is a security issue at the least.
    Since you have to give permission for these features I don't see how anyone could be unaware. Find my Device or Find my Mobile or Find my iPhone are great features and they have allowed me to recover a family device on at least one occasion before the phone lost power. Most other times it was just a misplaced phone but it's still a great feature.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    05-12-2020 09:01 PM
    Since you have to give permission for these features I don't see how anyone could be unaware. Find my Device or Find my Mobile or Find my iPhone are great features and they have allowed me to recover a family device on at least one occasion before the phone lost power. Most other times it was just a misplaced phone but it's still a great feature.
    Agree
    05-12-2020 09:07 PM
    Isn't the ops issue that it is turning on by itself? The op is not giving permission, the main problem, unless I've been reading it wrong.
    No one is questioning the utility of the app.
    05-12-2020 11:29 PM
    I have been having this problem of Google turning on "Find my device" without permission. I even went in to my google account and made sure it was switched off on all my devices. Why, huge security risk. If I loose my device "oh well", I have not lost one to date. So here is what I have learned. Google play services turns it on. In order to turn Google Play Services off, One has to navigate to "Find My Device", turn it off by deactivating the admin function under security. Leaving Google Play Services off, Find My Device never turns itself on. So unlike other people, happening a few times, this happens all the time to me, thru multiple devices. To make matters worse, whenever I change my device password, pin or pattern, along side "Find My Device" Google turns on another Admin app, That allows apps to "Check the security of your lockscreen". Like seriously WTF. Really like WTF. I will tell you what this is. If you are a target of law enforcement, dissident, journalist, or someone the gov't wish to monitor, well that is how it happens. Its called the deep state. I am a decent tech guy, that deals with security with PC's and networks. I have found my devices completely reprogrammed. My VPN wont work correctly, and thru looking at network connections and IP connections, I can see a lot. So take this to heart. Google is thoroughly comprised and in bed with our gov't. You can not tell them apart now. Look at the gov't sponsored censorship(Google and Youtube), the ease at which this stuff happens. If anyone can give me other options, I would love a secure phone. No android required. I have tried to root many devices this last year. With all the reprogramming, it fails. I was able to get a device rooted like 6 years ago. I am probably being targeted because I take my privacy seriously, and if you want to see what I am doing, you can get a FN warrant. Since they have gotten in a reprogrammed things, I am sure they can see everything anyways. Looking at news, checking the weather, an occasional call and email is all they get. Hope this helps everyone having this issue. If it turns itself on, you are being watched. By default, that app gives google everything, doesn't matter if location is on or not. Its an admin app. remember that. Also remember that thru Google Play Services, they can turn on or off things, like Find My Device. This is all said, with a one year investigation. Doesn't matter the device. If it is Android Google, they more or less own your device. Oh and just a heads up to all my cell phone users. If you get caught in a Sting Wray type of device, that law enforcement uses illegally all the time now a days, not only can they see and hear all your calls, texts, emails, social media, etc. They can also install malware on your phone. The reason I know that the sting wray type of device is not turning it on(Find My Device), is because it also happens with non cell radio devices. Including devices I choose to put no google account on. Turning off everything google does stop the spying as far as I can tell by looking at the IP's and network connections. However, with out Google Play Services, most apps wont work. One can use apkpure to install apps, without having a google account. But since Google Play Services is the core of things working, there is little left a reason for owning a smart phone. Right? If anyone has solutions that don't cost $500 or more, plz post it, or msg me if you can. Sorry for the red pill, and welcome to the 18th year of the police state in America.

Update The google play services framework, the system process is what turns these admin apps on, like find my device, or find my mobile, what plugs in to the same thing. I just tried to enable it, after having the system process disabled, while having google play services on. No Find my device was turned on in the last few days. I enabled the Google services framework, the system process, and BAM it is on again. Mind you, I even have changing system settings off, on the framework, as well as the google play services, and every other app or system apps. Everything. So apparently settings are meaningless.
    12-18-2020 08:35 PM
    I have been having this problem of Google turning on "Find my device" without permission. I even went in to my google account and made sure it was switched off on all my devices. Why, huge security risk. If I loose my device "oh well", I have not lost one to date. So here is what I have learned. Google play services turns it on. In order to turn Google Play Services off, One has to navigate to "Find My Device", turn it off by deactivating the admin function under security. Leaving Google Play Services off, Find My Device never turns itself on. So unlike other people, happening a few times, this happens all the time to me, thru multiple devices. To make matters worse, whenever I change my device password, pin or pattern, along side "Find My Device" Google turns on another Admin app, That allows apps to "Check the security of your lockscreen". Like seriously WTF. Really like WTF. I will tell you what this is. If you are a target of law enforcement, dissident, journalist, or someone the gov't wish to monitor, well that is how it happens. Its called the deep state. I am a decent tech guy, that deals with security with PC's and networks. I have found my devices completely reprogrammed. My VPN wont work correctly, and thru looking at network connections and IP connections, I can see a lot. So take this to heart. Google is thoroughly comprised and in bed with our gov't. You can not tell them apart now. Look at the gov't sponsored censorship(Google and Youtube), the ease at which this stuff happens. If anyone can give me other options, I would love a secure phone. No android required. I have tried to root many devices this last year. With all the reprogramming, it fails. I was able to get a device rooted like 6 years ago. I am probably being targeted because I take my privacy seriously, and if you want to see what I am doing, you can get a FN warrant. Since they have gotten in a reprogrammed things, I am sure they can see everything anyways. Looking at news, checking the weather, an occasional call and email is all they get. Hope this helps everyone having this issue. If it turns itself on, you are being watched. By default, that app gives google everything, doesn't matter if location is on or not. Its an admin app. remember that. Also remember that thru Google Play Services, they can turn on or off things, like Find My Device. This is all said, with a one year investigation. Doesn't matter the device. If it is Android Google, they more or less own your device. Oh and just a heads up to all my cell phone users. If you get caught in a Sting Wray type of device, that law enforcement uses illegally all the time now a days, not only can they see and hear all your calls, texts, emails, social media, etc. They can also install malware on your phone. The reason I know that the sting wray type of device is not turning it on(Find My Device), is because it also happens with non cell radio devices. Including devices I choose to put no google account on. Turning off everything google does stop the spying as far as I can tell by looking at the IP's and network connections. However, with out Google Play Services, most apps wont work. One can use apkpure to install apps, without having a google account. But since Google Play Services is the core of things working, there is little left a reason for owning a smart phone. Right? If anyone has solutions that don't cost $500 or more, plz post it, or msg me if you can. Sorry for the red pill, and welcome to the 18th year of the police state in America.
    Hi, welcome to AC!
    Mine been off in device administrator never toggled on and if I go to a website and type find my device , it finds it , but I have the other toggle on and it never toggled off for Samsung remotely unlock my device, called find my mobile
    12-18-2020 09:28 PM
57 123