Bluetooth Phone Call Distorted on Ford Sync

JBR 1

Nov 22, 2018
Visit site
When my A50 is paired with my Ford Sync, the incoming sound is distorted on a telephone call.

When other mobiles phones are paired with my Ford Sync, the incoming sound is clear on a telephone call.

When my A50 is paired with wireless earbuds, the incoming sound is clear on a telephone call.

When the A50 is used as a media player for music, the sound on the Ford Sync is clear.

Is there a solution?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi , Welcome !
Couple things could be possible , I also have my sync but no issues. Try if you leave your phone in the pocket put in cup holder , also it might need a update to ford sync . If you can for testing purposes have someone else sync their phone to your car see if same issue, possible could be microphone in the car also .

JBR 1

Nov 22, 2018
Visit site
I have synced two other phones and did not have the issue. Both of those phones older than my A50

I have moved the phone around but it does not make any difference.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I have synced two other phones and did not have the issue. Both of those phones older than my A50

I have moved the phone around but it does not make any difference.
Try resetting bluetooth on the phone by going in settings>general management >reset>reset network

JBR 1

Nov 22, 2018
Visit site
I reset bluetooth as you suggested and updated the Ford Sync software in the vehicle. The problem persists.

I believe that it is a connectivitiy issue only when using the A50 with my Ford Sync as telephone. I don't understand why it works fine with my Ford Sync when the A50 is used as a media player.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2