Strange behavior after connect USBC cable or car charger on A50

Mike Zet

Feb 13, 2020
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I just discovered that my wife's Samsung Galaxy A50 with brand from Orange Poland is very strange phone and probably have something wrong.

Found two issues with him:
  • After connect to car charger [key car is disconnected] it's power on radio and other devices in car,
  • Direct connect by good quality USB-C <--> USB-C don't work

I also have a second A50, but without brand from mobile operator, and old A8-2018 and both those phones don't do this - don't power car electricity and are visible by PC on USB-C <--> USB-C connection.

What I did so far - was:
  • factory reset
  • download last firmware from SamMobile for Orange and apply it
  • clean up USB-C port in device

Unfortunately non of above don't fix issues.

What is working on her phone:
  • Device is loading by ac adapter
  • Device is also discovered by PC when connect by USB --> USB-C cable

I'm downloading from SamMobile image without brand - and will check it tommorow, but maybe someone from you was have those issues like this?

I'm attaching picture with cleaned USB-C ports on both devices and videos what this behavior look like.

******************************************************************************************************************
20200213_185945_resize.jpg
Cleaned USB-C ports

In Car

In home - connecting to PC

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
After connect to car charger [key car is disconnected] it's power on radio and other devices in car
Pull down Notifications. At the bottom, you'll see he USB connection, and it probably says something like Zasil inne urządzenia. Tap that and change it to Przesyłanie plików / Android Auto

Device is also discovered by PC when connect by USB --> USB-C cable
Same thing - File transfer.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar