Help rooted and think i deleted the operating system

Katie Notargiacomo

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,
First of i am an *****. I rooted my Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830i and have deleted the Samsung home app by accident. At least i presume that is what i managed to delete. ow when i turn on the phone the samsung logo stays lit up but nothing else happens. Is there anyway of reinstalling on to the handset? I plugged my phone into my laptop and it is no longer recognised. I have tried to reset the handset but obviously didn't help as i have wiped the phone. Please help. Sorry for being such a newbie.

Last edited:

Smokey Mc Pot

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Congratulations... you successfully softbricked your device.
Try boot your device in to "recovery mode" and perform a factory reset.
If that doesn't work ?
Than try boot your device in to "download mode" and flash your original firmware again.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 4

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Hey Katie! Welcome to Android Central. I'll do my best to help you. When you start the phone hold power and menu at the same time to enter recovery. I think that's the recovery keypress option anyway. When you get into recovery, factory reset the device and post back if that works or not.

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Congratulations... you successfully softbricked your device.
Try boot your device in to "recovery mode" and perform a factory reset.
If that doesn't work ?
Than try boot your device in to "download mode" and flash your original firmware again.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 4

Lol you beat me!

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Since Josiah is doing a good job of assisting I'm going to focus elsewhere. Follow his advice and shoot me a PM if you need anything.

Katie Notargiacomo

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
cant get into the phone settings
It starts up and freezes on the samsung logo.

Its a samsung galaxy ace GT S5830i
I dont know what else to give you?
Im from the uk