Hi There, I've had many issues with the phone. I received it mid January after 4 months of hassell. In June all of a sudden it wouldn't charge, I took it to two "dealers" and they said it wasn't charger, and it was batttery and they said, without a magnifying glass....oh a prong is bent, I now believe this is some sort of "code" that means we don't know but it will cost you an additional $100+ MINIMUM to find out what it is. (I have a 1 yr parts warranty). So I went and bought a cheapie as I needed "a" phone, and wouldn't you know...after totally draining battery, plugging it in it worked....hmmmm...prong? NOT....SCAM? possible....
    Home key stopped working not much long after that, that was ok as I could work around that. BUT NOW....back in Oct. the phone would switch off for no reason, and NOW...it won't come on at all....I believe that battery charges, because if I plug it in, it feels a bit warm...Is there anything I can do myself, or do I need to take it in, and having said that....should I raise a HUGE cuffawful....
    (oh BTW, the Kiosk where I ended up getting it after 4 months has changed owners several times, so they lost my paper work, but I've kept my original)
    Any help would be great!!
    GG
    11-01-2013 08:06 PM
    Hi There, I've had many issues with the phone. I received it mid January after 4 months of hassell. In June all of a sudden it wouldn't charge, I took it to two "dealers" and they said it wasn't charger, and it was batttery and they said, without a magnifying glass....oh a prong is bent, I now believe this is some sort of "code" that means we don't know but it will cost you an additional $100+ MINIMUM to find out what it is. (I have a 1 yr parts warranty). So I went and bought a cheapie as I needed "a" phone, and wouldn't you know...after totally draining battery, plugging it in it worked....hmmmm...prong? NOT....SCAM? possible....
    Home key stopped working not much long after that, that was ok as I could work around that. BUT NOW....back in Oct. the phone would switch off for no reason, and NOW...it won't come on at all....I believe that battery charges, because if I plug it in, it feels a bit warm...Is there anything I can do myself, or do I need to take it in, and having said that....should I raise a HUGE cuffawful....
    (oh BTW, the Kiosk where I ended up getting it after 4 months has changed owners several times, so they lost my paper work, but I've kept my original)
    Any help would be great!!
    GG
    Do I think you have something hardware wise related to charging? Yes. However, I think it's internal, and not something that can be seen by pulling off the plate, and peeking at it.
    If you never rooted, I would contact Samsung. See what they say.
    girlygirl31 likes this.
    11-01-2013 10:41 PM