So I have a Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 (which I've had for just over a year now) and I plugged in my phone to my laptop to see if I had an update for my phone because I've heard that loads of other people with similar Samsung phones have had some updates.
    So I went onto Samsung Kies and it says I have a firmware upgrade for my phone.

Samsung Kies not updating the firmware on my phone-phone.jpg

I clicked the upgrade button and then a blank window comes up which shows what is on the window/tab behind it. I thought it had frozen originally and waited to see if it sorted itself out. 10 minutes later, still nothing. So I tried messing with it and just found that it's an empty window and it will close straight away.

Samsung Kies not updating the firmware on my phone-phone33.jpg

This image shows the window which has the Google homepage on it (that is what I had open as I had personal things open so changed it to that)

I don't understand why it won't let me upgrade my phone and it has been bothering me for the last few weeks.

Can someone please suggest anything to me?

Thanks
    11-13-2013 07:23 AM
    So I have a Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 (which I've had for just over a year now) and I plugged in my phone to my laptop to see if I had an update for my phone because I've heard that loads of other people with similar Samsung phones have had some updates.
    So I went onto Samsung Kies and it says I have a firmware upgrade for my phone.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	phone.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	25.7 KB 
ID:	91497

I clicked the upgrade button and then a blank window comes up which shows what is on the window/tab behind it. I thought it had frozen originally and waited to see if it sorted itself out. 10 minutes later, still nothing. So I tried messing with it and just found that it's an empty window and it will close straight away.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	phone33.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	58.5 KB 
ID:	91498

This image shows the window which has the Google homepage on it (that is what I had open as I had personal things open so changed it to that)

I don't understand why it won't let me upgrade my phone and it has been bothering me for the last few weeks.

Can someone please suggest anything to me?

Thanks
    Welcome to the forums. Is Kies up to date?

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app
    11-13-2013 08:30 AM
    Plan A
    Uninstall kies from your laptop completely.
    Than visit Samsung.com and download kies and install it again.
    That should do the trick.

Plan B
    Follow this link instructions if you were unlucky again
    http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?p=5750102

And it will work for shore!

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk
    11-13-2013 12:43 PM
    Yes, Kies it up to date. I've uninstalled it a few times as well just incase and there still seems to be a problem.
    11-13-2013 03:41 PM
    Im having the same exact issue. Would LOVE some help!
    12-04-2013 06:29 PM