Please help me with my Galaxy Ace 5839i!

OhHowWeLaughed

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Could I get some help with my Samsung Ace? I am at a loss as to what to do next.
Early last year, I got a Samsung Galaxy Ace S5839i from Three in the UK. Like everyone with this model, I had problems with the limited storage space and bloatware, even after moving apps to the SD card. After some research, I downloaded Titanium and used it to remove the bloatware. Unfortunately, I wasn't careful enough and I must have deleted one or more core files, because now I get the 'android.process.acore' error message very frequently and I am unable to receive/receive calls or receive/send text messages
I have been looking on several android forums, but I have to say I find all the terminology confusing: ROMS, kernels, Odin, SplitFus, flashing ? help!
After trying many things suggested on various threads in the forums (all unsuccessfully), I really just want to go back to the way the phone was originally, and then try again with Titanium (more carefully this time!). Is that even possible?
One potentially useful thing that I have learned from the forums is that I could use firmware for the 5830i, even though my phone is the 5839i. The Three firmware for the model 5839i is available on Sammobile (Firmwares | SamMobile | Page 3), so I would prefer to use that.
However, when I tried to load the 5839i firmware file using Odin 3.09, this happened:
<ID:0/004> Added!!
<ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/004> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/004> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/004> sbl.bin
<ID:0/004> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/004> BcmCP.img
<ID:0/004> FAIL!
<ID:0/004>
<ID:0/004> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Can someone guide me through this? I just want to get back to how my phone was before I started using Titanium (so I can try Titanium again, but more carefully this time!). NB For some reason, I cannot use KIES.

What should I do?