I need help fixing my Samsung Galaxy Ace II X

brookelamb

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
My device (Samsung Galaxy Ace II X) will not charge. Initially I thought it was a problem with the battery but as it turns out, that is not the case. I know this because my partner has the same device so I switched our batteries and well, his will charge and mine still won't. Both batteries will work in his phone! :confused:
So I have been charging my battery in his phone and putting it back into mine just to make it work. :-\
This has been going on for about two weeks and the phone was brand new this year (2014) :( I have had a protective case on it since day one and it has never gotten wet. Also, when my device is on it sometimes displays that the battery is charging when it's not even plugged into a charger and a couple times when it was completely dead I have tried plugging it in and a screen pops up that displays the android symbol and says "Downloading...Do not turn off target".
I have no idea what to do! I can not afford to go and get a new phone and I didn't purchase the warranty. Can some one out there please help a girl out O:)

Kelly Burby

Banned
Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
My device (Samsung Galaxy Ace II X) will not charge. Initially I thought it was a problem with the battery but as it turns out, that is not the case. I know this because my partner has the same device so I switched our batteries and well, his will charge and mine still won't. Both batteries will work in his phone! :confused:
So I have been charging my battery in his phone and putting it back into mine just to make it work. :-\
This has been going on for about two weeks and the phone was brand new this year (2014) :( I have had a protective case on it since day one and it has never gotten wet. Also, when my device is on it sometimes displays that the battery is charging when it's not even plugged into a charger and a couple times when it was completely dead I have tried plugging it in and a screen pops up that displays the android symbol and says "Downloading...Do not turn off target".
I have no idea what to do! I can not afford to go and get a new phone and I didn't purchase the warranty. Can some one out there please help a girl out O:)

Well, @brookelamb I think there is no other way out other than going to the customer support, while reading your question I get a feel that the problem is with the with the charging IC. It may not be working the problem is with the hardware so it can't be fixed other than visiting the customer support.

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
I had a similar problem with my galaxy tab once, it never used to charge completely, at times the battery would get charged from 0 to 100% in 5 minutes, and get drained also in super quick time. I tried most of the solutions that I could find on the web but none worked, once accidentally I happen to use my friends charger by mistake since it looked the same, and my problem was solved. There was an issue with the charger, I then changed mine and now my tab charges fine. You can give that a try and see if it works.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandiR