Problems with turning on Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830i

Mayoite

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
My Samsung battery for the S5830i died today and I replaced it with a new one and tried to charge it. But now the phone won't even turn on and it is not even showing the battery charge indication which is very weird. Please help !

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! How long did you let the phone charge with the new battery? Let it sit for 12 hours or so, undisturbed, while plugged in to a wall outlet.

Mayoite

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
Thanks so much ! Are you saying that when you charge it for the first time you have to leave it plugged in for 12 hours ?? Normally it takes only 2-3 hours

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If the battery is close to dead, I usually suggest charging it for a prolonged period, just so that you let it charge without disturbing it. 12 hours is my unscientific arbitrary recommendation, more to make sure people don't feel the urge to keep trying to power on every hour or so to see how it's doing.

Posted via Android Central App

Mayoite

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
Thanks again. I will follow your suggestions now.

I did disconnect the phone and try to turn it on after having charged the new battery for 2-3 hours. I repeated this action a couple of times. Would this have significantly shortened the battery life ? I hope not !

Mayoite

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
Well I charged it for 12 hours and no sign of life. Did it again overnight with the same result. Guess I will have to take it into the Samsung service centre this morning. It is still under warranty as I bought it in early March and it is less than six months old. Very strange experience.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to hear it! Hope the next one works without a problem.

Posted via Android Central App.
Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.