Galaxy Ace is unsupported device when changing phones

Susan Brown3

May 7, 2015
Visit site
Hi
Does anyone know how I can transfer everything from the Galaxy Ace to S4 mini? The Ace is not supported on Kies or Smart Switch (both mobile and PC).
It is proving to be more difficult than I anticipated.

Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What are you trying to transfer exactly?

1. Contacts: Ideally, on the Ace, these should be associated with your Google account, not the Phone account. If they're with the Google account, then they sync automatically with your Google Contacts in the cloud, and then will sync automatically with any new phone that you log into with the same account. If the contacts are with the Phone account, then you'll need to export them to a .csv or .vcf file, and then import that file into Google Contacts. See this part of my guide: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...tting-started-android-2014-a.html#post3707512

2. The same goes for Calendar--if your calendar events on the phone are associated with a Google calendar (and not the Phone account calendar), then they sync to your Google Calendar in the web.

3. Apps: You don't have to physically transfer apps over. Any apps you purchased or installed from Google Play Store can be installed on the new phone--just open Google Play Store, swipe in from the left, tap My Apps, then All, and you'll see every app you've ever installed. Pick and choose which ones you want to install.

4. If you want to save your app data, this can be trickier, since you can't simply app files from one phone to another. You could try Helium, which backs up apps and app data.

5. In Settings>Backup & Reset, turn on the Backup My Data option. This will backup certain settings and data to your Google account, but the problem is that it's never clear which 3rd party apps use this feature. When you log into a new phone, those settings and data will be loaded. See more details here: https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/2819582?hl=en

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke