Samsung Galaxy Ace 3: Headphone Problem?

SammyShampioni

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
I have a problem with my Samsung Galaxy Ace 3. When plugging in a pair of headphones (earphones), sometimes it will work. (If a pair of headphones works with the phone then that particular one will always work with it, problem is that the earphones themselves eventually break).
However, other times they will not work. Upon connecting the earphones, the phone will completely freeze up and be unresponsive until they are removed, at which point it goes back to normal and will work fine again. Leave a pair of bad earphones in too long though, and the phone will then reset itself.
If the earphones that make it freeze are only pushed in halfway or so (not fully), then it will usually say 'headphones connected' and will work (of course, since it isn't connected properly the earphones will fall out very very easily). Maybe the metal part on the earphones is too long or something and pushing on something else inside the phone?

I have a lot of headphones that are exactly the same type/make and some of them will work with the phone and others will not, so I'm not exactly sure what the problem is. A family member also has a Galaxy Ace 3 and they recently told me that they had the same problem with headphones.

I can't find a lot about this problem on the internet although I believe that this person: (forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/485267-galaxy-ace-3-keeps-restarting-when-i-plug-headphones.html) has the same problem I am having.

Any help at all would be appreciated, thanks! :)